The WR-10 NOAA Weather / All Hazard Alert Radio With AM/FM Radio from Midland is a portable weather and hazards with an AM/FM radio that can receive alerts from seven pre-programmed NOAA channels from up to 50 miles away from the transmitter. It automatically switches from radio to local NOAA broadcasts to keep you informed of dangerous conditions, and also allows you to choose the type of alert you want. You'll be able to select a siren alarm, flashing LED or voice alert.
In case of a power outage, the WR-10 has an emergency battery backup system that can provide up to six hours of operation (battery not included). The external antenna jack allows you to use an optional extended range base antenna or a mobile antenna. The WR-10 is ideal for use in basements or other family gathering areas to stay informed and keep your loved ones safe from tornados, floods, summer storms or other hazardous conditions. All in all, it offers both a high performance weather radio as well as the information and entertainment of an AM/FM radio in a portable package.
- Receives signal up to 50 miles from transmitter
- Seven (7) NOAA channels provide 24-hour National Weather Service information
- Receives standard AM and FM commercial broadcast stations
- Automatically interrupts broadcasting for emergency weather warnings
- User selectable warning system: choose between voice alert, flashing LED or 90 dB siren alarm
- Large top-firing speaker directs alerts and audio toward listener(s)
- Emergency powered -- uses an optional 9-volt battery in case of a power outage
- External antenna jack allows you to use an optional extended range base antenna or a mobile antenna
- Weather button: large touch-bar turns unit from alert mode to full-time monitoring
- Telescopic antenna folds down for easy transport