From the classroom to the store window, the Hitachi iPJ-AW250N Short Throw Projector is an ideal solution for anyone requiring high image quality projection at short throw range. With the ability to project an 80" (2032mm) image from less than two feet away (610mm), the iPJ-AW250N is excellent for wall mounting situations due to high or false ceilings. It works well in tight store windows and for gaming or watching videos. It's also ideal for rear projection installations and for giving presentations, since you can stand in front of the room without blocking the image.
The picture quality of the iPJ-AW250N starts with 3LCD technology, which delivers true-to-life images. The resolution is 1280 x 800 and the contrast ratio is 2000:1. The iPJ-AW250N is also HD ready and HDMI compatible, ensuring the highest quality images will be transmitted and projected.
This line of Hitachi projectors has multiple options for connecting to an image source. HDMI offers the highest quality pictures, video and sound. There are several other connection options for analog sources, computers and anything with USB connectivity; including PC-less presentations where a USB stick supplies the data. The iPJ-AW250N also has an Ethernet port for network connectivity.
The advanced networking through a LAN connection lets supervisors manage and control multiple projectors. Machines can be turned on or off, email alerts can be sent and all projectors can be monitored via the network. The AMX Device Discovery runs through the network as well. This feature automatically downloads pertinent communication modules and drivers to the projector. Presentations can even be given over a network of projectors from a single computer or you can take advantage of the Multi PC mode and use up to four computers in one presentation for more effective visual and data aids. The Messenger Function uses the network by sending and displaying text data to several projectors at once. This is handy for company-wide or campus-wide announcements. You can also collect reports from all projectors connected to the network onto one administrative PC.
While the iPJ-AW250N can handle many applications, it is not difficult to maintain. The eco-friendly hybrid filters and long-life lamps last for more than 5000 hours. That's ten times longer than conventional filters. Prolonged usage between replacement cycles reduces the overall cost of ownership. The iPJ-AW250N is also lightweight and the new bundled wall mount makes installation quick and easy. This network model is a perfect balance of technology and design. It ensures easy management and offers the highest quality images, all tied together in a compelling package.
- Interactive Projector
- This innovative projector integrates Hitachi Starboard software to deliver a complete interactive experience on any flat surface
- A sophisticated, innovative technology that utilizes 3 chips to deliver vibrant, true-to-life and consistent images for the most demanding audiences
- Hybrid Filter
- The Hybrid Filter lasts for more than 4000 hours, ten times longer than conventional filters. This extension in maintenance intervals reduces the overall cost of ownership significantly
- Advanced Networking
- Manage and control multiple projectors over LAN. Turn the projector on and off, schedule email alerts and monitor projectors all via the network
- AMX Device Discovery
- When integrated with an AMX Controller, the relevant communication modules and drivers are downloaded to the projector automatically
- HD Ready
- High Definition (HD) uses the latest technology to deliver clearer and sharper images. HD Ready indicates that this product is ready for high definition broadcasts
- Get the highest quality image by connecting the latest in A/V equipment to the projector with HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)
Pen-based single touch interactive system with Hitachi Starboard software
Rapid, precise response to user input
Perfect Fit - adjust all four corners and sides of the image individually to achieve a distortion free image
- Bringing Learning to Life
- Interactive technology for the classroom offers tremendous potential for improving the learning process. The iPJ-AW250NM projector, part of Hitachi's innovative ultimate range, makes it simple to provide interactive teaching. Its short throw distance and compact design enables it to be installed virtually anywhere, and powerful enough to provide bright clear images even in bright environments. But unlike conventional projectors, the iPJ-AW250NM incorporates sensors that detect activity on the screen area. Together with well established Hitachi Starboard software, it allows users to annotate and interact with the material presented. Instead of simply showing students static images, students and teachers can interact with on screen material as never before, engaging and involving them to bring learning to life. Combining the interactivity of a whiteboard with the interactive power of a PC creates a powerful learning and teaching platform. It compels attention and involvement and can be used at all levels, from reception classes to postgraduate tutorials
- Convert Ideas Into Clear Words and Images
- The iPJ-AW250NM includes software to make interactivity productive, even for young and uncertain students. The special interactive pen lets users see their freehand shapes automatically converted into geometric objects on the projected image. Converting handwriting into text is simple too, building confidence
- A Wealth of Interactive Material Ready to Use
- Hitachi StarBoard software helps build lessons with interactive Flash files and clip art from the gallery. There are also four subject toolboxes including geography, languages, arts, math and science, all ready to use. Even spelling is fun when students can drag letters to make words
- Use Familiar Tools to Create Understanding
- The interactive pen lets you operate a compass, ruler, protractor, stopwatch and other familiar classroom tools on the projected image, making lessons easier to understand, and techniques easier for pupils to follow
- Copy, Capture and Select Full or Part of an Image
- Images are clear, bright and vivid, even in bright classrooms. You can save screen content at any time. In addition to full screen capture, you can also select partial and freehand capture, allowing you to preserve key content for later use
- Ultimate Short Throw Technology
- Short throw projectors make installation simple, even in crowded and compact classrooms. But ultimate short throw does more. As well as the convenience of the short throw format it delivers outstanding picture clarity. With conventional technology, extremely short throw often results in distortion and poor image quality. Hitachi's ultimate short throw projectors achieve optimum image quality, with eight point adjustment that includes all four corners and sides, allowing distortions to be eliminated, even on imperfect walls - ensuring your projector can go to work anywhere
- Network Capabilities
- The ultimate short throw range offers flexible networking. Administrators can schedule a variety of actions for multiple projectors on the network, including automatic power on/off and centralized reporting. The clever messenger function also allows messages to be sent to multiple projectors instantly or at a specified time, handy for displaying announcements and emergency messages. To make lessons more effective, the multi PC presentation mode lets you display the contents of up to four computers on screen simultaneously
- Ultimate Features
Perfect Fit enables quick adjustment of the projected image by moving its four corners one at a time. In addition, barrel or pincushion distortions, which occur on rounded surfaces, can easily be corrected.
With signals transferred completely in the digital domain, lessons and presentations can be delivered with the highest image quality.
Inorganic LCD Panels
These projectors use three inorganic LCD panels, which feature higher resistance to light and offer high reliability. This means longer life parts with less maintenance over the life of the projector.
Hitachi's Hybrid filter and long life lamp both last up to 5000 hours and can be replaced easily. The hybrid filter has an electrostatic design with hybrid protection filter layers, protecting optics from dust, dirt and chalk particles.
Versatile Security Functions
The projectors are equipped with a security bar, PIN-Lock, My Image Lock and Transition Detector functions
- Advanced Network Features
Configure and control projector via network with a Web browser
Projector management via SNMP
Content via LAN
AMX Device Discovery
The extended hybrid filter life means reduced electronic waste and reduced maintenance visits, resulting in an overall reduction in carbon footprint.
Hitachi has formulated an "Environmental Vision" to contribute towards building a sustainable society through business and product development.
Hitachi's goal is to develop life-enhancing technology that will contribute to and realize a truly sustainable society for current and future generations
- Cost of Ownership
Extended hybrid filter life - up to 5000 hour cleaning cycle.
Extended lamp life - up to 5000 hours in Eco-Mode.
Virtually maintenance free.
Easy setup and installation.
Wall mount included in the box
- Advanced Features
My Screen, My Memory, My Button, Blackboard/Whiteboard Mode, Daytime Mode, Input Source Naming (English), Resolution Setting, Template, Saving Mode, AudioPass Through, My Text, Lens Door Lock
Basic Functions: Freeze, Magnify, Blank, Auto Adjustment, Search
Outward Easy Lamp: Replace from Top, Rear Intake Air Filter
- Picture Adjustments
- Equalizing Gamma Correction, 2-3 Pull Down, Progressive Scan, Noise Reduction, Perfect Fit
- Software Special Requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz or Faster
Hard Disk: Minimum 600MB
RAM: Minimum 1GB • Display Colors: Minimum 16-bit
Operating System (OS): Windows XP 32-bit/Windows Vista 32-bit/Windows 7 32/64-bit (the latest service pack must be applied) (Tablet PC Edition and Server Edition are not supported)
Software Required: Internet Explorer 6.0/7.0/8.0 (for Viewing Online Help and Using Internet Search Functions)
PowerPoint 2002/2003/2007/2010 (for Viewing PowerPoint Documents)
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c/Windows Media Player 9 or above (for Using Movie Features)
Adobe Flash Player 10 (for Using Flash Object)
Others: DVD drive, Video Card with Hardware Overlay Feature (for Using Movie Features)
For Webcam Playback and Capturing Feature
DV (Digital Video, DV Cameras, D-VHS)
Capture Devices which Support DirectShow (with WDM Drivers)
For Conference Host Feature
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or Faster
Free Hard Drive Space: 2GB or More
RAM: 2GB or More
Others: TCP/IP 54Mbps or Above
- On-Screen Display Languages
- English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Swedish, Russian, Finnish, Polish, Turkish, Arabian, Persian, Czech, Danish, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovenian, Croatian, Greek, Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, Thai, Portuguese (Brazil)