The Ikelite 6148.23 Underwater Housing for Canon Powershot SX220 HS / SX230 HS is a durable waterproof case that allows you to shoot underwater with your Canon Powershot SX220 HS or SX230 HS digital camera. Constructed from clear polycarbonate, the case allows access to all camera controls and enables you to safely operate your camera at a depth of 200' (60 m). Two 12-24 threaded mounts on the bottom of the housing allow for the secure attachment of optional trays and lighting accessories.
The housing comes with one 1 cc tube of silicone lubricant, a flash diffuser, a flash deflector and a vinyl port cover. The flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. For the best results, an optional external underwater strobe is recommended. Use the Ikelite AutoFlash AF35 for easy automatic exposure or add a DS Substrobe with EV Manual Controller for more power and wider angle of coverage. Available as #6441.46 for tropical blue water and #6441.86 for use in green water settings, external color correction filters help replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that are lost underwater, giving your images a richer color quality.
Wide-angle lenses allow you to get closer to your subject, decreasing the amount of water between your lens and your subject and thus cutting down on distortion. The WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome corrects for refractive magnification to give a 28mm angle of coverage underwater. The dome may be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's standard port. Optional adapter #9306.82 slides over the front of the lens port and allows for the attachment of 67mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque. The adapter may be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's standard port. The macro lens is not available for purchase through Ikelite. The adapter is not meant for use with 67mm threaded wide angle lenses.
- Durable and corrosion resistant clear polycarbonate construction allows visual inspection of the camera and full access to all control functions
- Dependable, well-sealed mechanical controls
- Color Correction Filter
- Optional color correction filters available as #6441.46 for tropical blue water and #6441.86 for green water, to replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones lost underwater
- Wide-Angle and Macro Lenses
- Optional WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome gives 28 mm angle of coverage underwater, while optional adapter #9306.82 allows for attachment of 67 mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque
- Comes with one 1 cc tube of silicone lubricant, a flash diffuser to improve lighting quality when built-in flash used, a flash deflector and a vinyl port cover