The RPM181/O Omnidirectional Polar Pattern Capsule by Shure is one of four interchangeable capsules for Shure's Beta 181 side-address instrument microphone. It features a locking ring which provides a secure connection with the Shure RPM181/PRE. Paired with this preamp, its compact design weighs only 5.1 oz and gets close to any source even in the tightest conditions. With its wide frequency response and high SPL handling, it's great for capturing room ambience, string ensembles and used as a mono drum overhead. It also performs with little to no crossover distortion and provides exceptional low-frequency reproduction.The capsule is made with a hardened steel mesh grille that resists denting, wear and abuse. Along with its compact form factor, the diaphragm provides exceptional audio with consistent, textbook-like polar responses resulting in a mic with noteworthy sound and versatility.
- Interchangeable side-address Omnidirectional capsule for the Shure Beta 181
- Locking ring provides secure connection between capsule and Shure RPM181/PRE preamp
- Compact 5.1 oz design gets close to any source even in the tightest conditions
- Provides wide dynamic range and high SPL handling
- Performs with little to no crossover distortion and provides exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists denting, wear and abuse