Morphine from Image-Line is a powerful virtual additive synthesizer with a logical, flexible architecture that allows the user to create any sound. This can be done directly by adjusting the 128 harmonic oscillator engine manually, or by taking any input sample and resynthesizing it into one of 4 independent voices. Morphine ships with 360 presets covering a vast range of music styles.
Based on complex, full 32-bit mathematics, with no internal sampling to avoid interpolation noise, the software is fully optimized to deliver a high quality warm sound, while retaining an "analog" quality. The oscillators are also optimized for fast amplitude and frequency modulation response for accurate tone reproduction.
Resynthesis allows for capturing a complete spectrum from any audio sample for accurate emulation of real instruments, or as a starting point for something new, using the in-built editing tools. However, the oscillator engine is not only thing that makes Morphine sound good. An infinite number of harmonic snapshots "per-spectrum", and the ability to map a unique spectra for each note, allows for generating a realistic and balanced sound over the entire keyboard range.
Additionally, the four generator sources can be morphed via the in-built mix/morph envelope, or from an external MIDI controller. Combined with the four independent multi-point modulation envelopes assignable to many internal parameters, the sonic possibilities are endless. Complex evolving pads, deep basses, acoustic instruments, synthetic leads and keyboards are all possible.
- High quality sound engine optimized for low CPU usage and fast amplitude and frequency modulation response
- 340 high quality factory sounds
- Four independent "Generators" per voice
- Keyboard layering with 128 unique keyboard zones
- User selectable 1 to 32 note polyphony
- Unlimited number of harmonic "snapshots" (breakpoints) per spectrum
- Amplitude, detune, panning control for all harmonics
- Filtering and velocity response for each generator source
- Up to five built-in simultaneous effects - chorus, delay, reverb, equalizer, distortion
- Highly CPU optimized, accurate resynthesis allows emulation of audio samples with high precision
- Manual override options for the resynthesis process to achieve the most accurate emulations
- Ability to import wave shapes from audio files
- Variable-time control for spectra, mix/morph envelopes (can also be linked to key number, velocity or any other controller)
- Four PWM Filters (spectral emulation of comb filtering, unison or pulse-width)
- Additional generator that allows any noise sample audio file to be mixed with the synthesized sound, complete with filtering
- Morphing path, morphs harmonics in real-time, controlled internally or from external modulation source/s
- Morphing Square mixes the four generator sources with a single convenient interface
- Four multi-point (EG) envelopes can be routed to many internal Morphine controls
- ADSR master envelope
- Adjustable velocity response
- Attractive, user friendly interface