Toxic Biohazard from Image-Line is a the company's latest version of their hybrid software synthesizer, featuring an optimized engine for improved sound quality, with even more accurate wave shapes, and quicker rendering times. Modeled amplitude and filter envelopes deliver a real world sound and are rendered real-time without any interpolation, thus avoiding noise artifacts.
The hybrid synthesis engine combines the best of FM (frequency modulation) and subtractive synthesis and complements them with a warm, analog-modeled filter and a set of built-in effects. High-resolution DSP processing produces sound with an extremely low noise threshold. Additionally, the software includes a 64-step sequencer that can be split into two 32-step modules.
- Six, completely alias-free oscillators, well tuned for all sampling rates and calculated at extremely high speeds, keeping CPU usage to a minimum
- Oscillators come equipped with spectrum analysis technology, allowing users to create custom waveforms by loading WAV or AIFF format sound files for the use of both synthetic and acoustic waveforms within the FM engine
- Each oscillator also comes with 32 built in "classic" waveforms, each shown to be the most useful in FM synthesis
- Two assignable LFOs
- The effect modules are designed to give the user access to several types of effects, from aggressive, tube-like distortion, to warm stereo delay, reverb, flanger and phaser effects
- Tape delay emulation is based on non-fixed delay buffer sizes
- Eight-band graphic EQ
- 64-step sequencer which can be divided into two independent, 32-step modules to allow double-polyphonic patterns
- "Smart Sequencer" technology defines a played chord and tunes the pattern accordingly
- The sequencer also allows for playback of the programmed sequence from single notes - simply holding one chord can virtually create an arrangement