Equipped with an Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and an ARM Cortex A8 1.0GHz Processor, the Archos 4GB Arnova 7 G2 Tablet features a harmonious balance of processing power and affordability. Unlike its predecessor, the Arnova 7, the Arnova 7 G2 features a TFT LCD 7.0" capacitive multi-touch display. The display features 800 x 480 resolution and is capable of playing back video in 1080p full HD. For storing your media, the 7 G2 Tablet is equipped with 4GB of flash storage. If that's not enough, the micro SDHC slot offers plenty of storage expansion.
Like many other Archos tablets, the 7 G2 excels as a media player. With the ability to play several different video and audio codecs, you'll be hard pressed to find a file that this tablet doesn't support. It can even display four different photo file types as well. The Arnova 7 G2 is packed with apps as well. The Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS supports the Android AppsLib and the tablet comes loaded with a full pack of apps including a web browser and an email application. For users that like to put a little bit of themselves into their technology, the 7 G2 allows advanced personalization. You can choose your user interface from five different home screens and you can create widgets for your apps, which gives you what you want - when you want it.
Although the 7 G2 Tablet is geared towards media playback, it does offer a full Internet experience. It's outfitted with WiFi 802.11 b/g, which affords Internet access from any WiFi hotspot, as well as from your home wireless network. The 800 x 480 resolution screen is perfect for browsing the web; there's no need to zoom in or out, since the tablet supports full-page web browsing. Plus, with Flash support, you experience the full web with flash games and videos. There are also apps for all your favorite social networking sites including YouTube and Facebook. The 7 G2 affords wired connectivity as well. It's equipped with a USB 2.0 host port and micro USB 2.0 slave port.
With the addition of a 1.0GHz processor, the Arnova 7 G2 can play 1080p file videos smoothly. It's even easy to transfer files, via drag and drop, from your PC to the tablet's micro SDHC card. If you're still not convinced the 7 G2 is worth it's amazingly low price tag, then a few more integrated features are sure to make you all fans. The tablet features a forward-facing camera, as well as a unique kickstand that makes sharing photos and watching videos much more enjoyable. It has dual integrated speakers and a built-in microphone as well. It even has a G-Sensor and the internal lithium polymer battery can support up to six hours of straight video playback time.
- Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- The 7G2 runs an Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS from Google. The operating system is tailor made for connected mobile devices and it affords a smoother interface than ever before. Plus, you'll enjoy a full pack of connected apps like the tablet's web browser and email application. Android 2.3 even provides five different home screens and allows for advanced personalization including widgets for organizing your apps
- Thousands of Apps Available to Download
- The Arnova 7 G2 includes a range of preloaded applications that make the tablet ready-to-go right out of the box. Whenever you're ready for more apps, the Android AppsLib store has you covered with thousands of free and pay apps that you can download straight to your tablet. You'll find news apps, games, social networking apps, media apps and productivity tools all available from the AppsLib. Plus, the AppsLib even provides a stamp of approval next to the applications that will work best with your tablet
- Excellent 3D Games
- Thanks to the powerful 1.0GHz processor, which boosts both speed and processing power, the Arnova 7 G2 is able to handle tons of great games. Plus, with its open GL 2.0 technology, the 7 G2 can even facilitate 3D games. With a combination of power, speed and access to hundreds of cool 2D and 3D games, the 7 G2 Tablet might as well be called the 7 G2 Android Games Console
- A Full Internet Experience
- This tablet is the perfect vessel for browsing the web using the integrated 802.11 b/g WiFi. There's also no need to zoom in or out, since the LCD display's 800 x 480 resolution makes full-page web browsing possible. The tablet's Flash capability also enhances your Internet experience by supporting both Flash games and Flash videos. Plus, the range of social networking and chat apps means you'll be able to easily stay connected with friends and family
- A Tablet for Work
- With WiFi connectivity, you'll always be able to manage emails whenever you're connected to the Internet. The 7 G2 also lets you configure a variety of email accounts using the built-in email tool. This feature gives each member of your family the ability to quickly and easily check their messages. Another great tool for work is the AppsLib, which supports a range of document, slideshow and spreadsheet editors that are all available for download at the Android AppsLib Store. These tools will let you use your Arnova 7 G2 as a mobile work station - instead of your laptop. Plus, any files can be quickly transferred via micro SDHC card using the easy drag and drop interface. You can even plug a USB flash drive into the USB 2.0 slot via the USB host cable for another fast and easy way to transfer your work files to and from the office
- Full HD Video
- Another benefit of the powerful 1.0GHz processor is 1080p full HD playback. The 7 G2 will be able to play HD files smoothly, even in the widely-used H.264 codec that many other tablets don't support. With a reputation as an excellent media player, the 7 G2 supports most well-known file formats for video, audio and photo. You won't need any conversion software and the drag and drop transfer method makes it easy to transfer files from your computer to the tablet's built-in memory or micro SDHC memory expansion slot. There's even a preinstalled file manager to transfer files from a USB flash drive. The tablet quickly recognizes transferred files and places them in the proper media library. The integration of a kickstand makes HD movies even better, since you'll be watching them hands-free. You can also use the kickstand to share a photo slideshow with friends
- Music & Photos
- The Arnova 7 G2 Tablet has an excellent music application as well. It's compatible with all major formats and codecs. Plus, it also manages meta data for your music library and comes equipped with "cover display," so you can find the album you want even faster. The Android OS even lets you play music in the background while you use other apps. There's also music download and streaming applications that will take your music experience even further
- Camera, Speakers, Microphone, Headphone Jack & G-Sensor
- The powerful speakers are great for sharing your videos or music with someone, but there's also a 3.5 mm headphone mini jack when privacy is needed. The tablet also has a built-in microphone, forward-facing camera and G-Sensor
- Multi-Touch Keyboard
- The user interface also features an excellent multi-touch keyboard, which lets you capitalize with the shift key instead of switching between caps and lowercase letters
- Supported File Types
- Video Playback Mode: H.264 up to 1080p resolution (30 fps / 5 Mbps), MPEG-4 (30 fps / 2.5 Mbps), Realvideo up to 720p resolution (30 fps / 2.5 Mbps), .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .mov, .flv Audio Playback Mode: MP3, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC Photo Viewer: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG