The DVI-to-VGA Converter from Gefen is a small box solution that converts DVI signals onto VGA monitors. This enables digital sources to be connected to analog displays. With resolutions supported up to 1920 x 1200, the DVI-to-VGA Converter detects the connected monitor and determines which extended display identification data (EDID) to use. If the connected display does not have its own EDID, the DVI-to-VGA Converter has its own internal EDID it can use to produce the best possible video output.
- Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)
- Extended display identification data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source. It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what types of monitors are connected to it. The DVI-to-VGA Converter will automatically use the EDID of the connected display. If the connected monitor does not have EDID, then the DVI-to-VGA Converter will use its internal EDID to output the most compatible video signal
- Harmony Between Digital and Analog
- The DVI-to-VGA Converter supports a DVI-D signal using a DVI-I connector and converts it into a VGA Analog (PC/RGB) signal
- Supported Resolutions
- The DVI-to-VGA Converter supports resolutions from 800x600 (min) to 1920x1200 (max)