The Audio Amplifier With Dolby Digital Decoding and Dolby Volume from Gefen is ideal for use in small home entertainment systems or as an add-on audio processor to any computer audio output.
The unit offers three audio inputs (TOSLINK, S/PDIF, and analog L/R) for multiple audio sources. The integrated Dolby AC3 decoder is able to downmix 5.1 to 2.1 channels of audio. Using Dolby Volume technology, it automatically outputs consistent audio levels for virtually any programming like commercials, movies, or TV shows.
This unit provides amplification of up to 25 watts per channel (left and right) fed through the unit's speaker output binding posts plus line-level output for a powered subwoofer. Convenient features include an RS-232 port for home automation control, front panel controls and an included IR remote.
- Audio amplifier (2 channels, 25 watts per channel)
- Converts 2-channel analog audio to 2.1 channel audio; downmixes Dolby Digital 5.1 to 2.1 channel analog audio
- Volume Leveler enables consistent volume levels at all times between TV channels and between program materials
- Volume Modeler delivers the perception of a full-range audio experience at any volume level
- Dynamically boosts low and high-frequency content
- RS-232 port for home automation control
- Front panel control buttons with an illuminated LCD display
- IR remote control lets you make system adjustments from across the room
- Switches to standby mode when not in use and is Energy Star compliant
- Dolby Volume and Dolby Digital certified