The dark olive Field Station Belt Pack from Lowepro is a lightweight and functional way to go birding. The pack is designed to leave you hands-free while walking but also to provide you with rapid access to your binoculars or field guide.
Small and compact, it travels well, but its real value lies in the field where the water-resistant exterior will protect your gear from moisture. A serious chunk of its functionality is found by the opening mechanism that flips away from body and lets you alone see exactly what's inside.
The most unique feature of the Field Station is its pull-out QuickShelf that will permit you to use it as a platform for the iPad it holds. Take notes or browse the web while using your binoculars. No more struggling with hand-held paper notebooks trying to balance and write at the same time. Your binoculars are nestled in their own compartment and can be configured to fit your specific model.
The waist belt is mesh-covered to promote air circulation as well as being padded and adjustable using compression straps. Other pockets hold pens and smaller items and a built-in key clip provides a way to always know where they are. SlipLock Loops permit you to attach accessories and increase the load capacity of the pack. With its limited lifetime warranty, the Lowepro Field Station is a dedicated way to make your birding expedience both productive and enjoyable.
- The Pack holds the essentials for birding or wildlife viewing: binoculars, field guide and a notebook
- Designed inside and out to offer comfort, hands-free support and convenient access to your gear - rain flap opens away from your body
- Pull-out QuickShelf platform provides a stable, hands-free base for a field guide, notebook or tablet-style computer
- Padded binocular compartment adjusts to fit a variety of models
- Mesh-covered thick padding on the waist belt and load-adjusting compression wings and straps provide long-wearing comfort and support
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 27.6" (70.1 cm)