The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard from DigiTech is an effects pedal that uses the iPad as a control interface to create custom effect configurations called a pedalboard. By harnessing the power of the iPad, it combines the simplicity of a pedalboard with the flexibility of multi-effects.
A pedalboard is designed by simply dragging and dropping up to 10 different pedals, in any order, to each pedalboard. Additionally, an amplifier and cabinet can be added to each setup. With 87 different pedals, 54 amplifiers, and 26 cabinets to choose from, the options are virtually unlimited.
Using the free iPB-Nexus app (downloadable from the Apple iTunes store) the user can save up to 100 favorite pedalboards with the touch of the finger, and instantly recall them with the stomp of the foot. Different pedalboard can be set up for each gig, set, song, or switch pedalboards within a song.
The iPB-Nexus app includes a My Tones library where favorite presets can be stored, organized, and rated. One can store an unlimited number of presets and group them any way desired. For example, a preset lists can be made for certain sets or specific music genres.
Although the iPB-10 can be used without an iPad, the user is restricted to stepping through the available presets. On the other hand, running the iPB-Nexus app on the iPad offers a clear display of the entire pedalboard. This real-time view shows the pedals, amplifier, and cabinet, whether a pedal is on or off, where its knobs are set, and which footswitch it is assigned to.
- Drag and drop pedal board design
- Arrange pedals in any order
- Touch screen control
- 87 pedals
- 54 amplifiers
- 26 cabinets
- Drag and drop footswitch assignment
- Real-time view of pedal settings with direct access to pedal control
- Up to 10 pedals, 1 amplifier, and 1 cabinet can be added to a setup
- Unique setup assignable to each preset
- Infinite number of presets, 100 foot switch accessible
- Store, organize and rate presets using My Tones library
- Compatible with iPad2 and iPad