The RS2211RP+ RackStation 12-Bay NAS Server from Synology is a high-performance, full-featured rackmounted network attached storage (NAS) server that meets the needs of standard businesses. Expandable up to 30TB (and scalable up to 66TB with a Synology RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit), this RackStation centralizes data protection and simplifies file management. The hot-swappable HDD makes switching out a hard disk drive easy since you won't have to shut down the entire system.
Support for Windows ADS and ACL allows this RackStation to streamline private shared folders with a large amount of users. An encrypted FTP server, HTTPS support and firewall helps minimize security risks and maximize data protection. Advanced access controls and efficient privilege settings keep user accounts in check with security protocol. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) is an automated RAID management system designed to meet the needs of easy deployment of a storage volume. SHR handles RAID management, storage expansion and maximize storage capability.
This RackStation supports Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. iSCSI support provides seamless storage for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Hyper-V and Citrix. It is ideal to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective, iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Full-featured Business Applications
- This RackStation runs on renowned Synology DSM firmware, which offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for SMBs. Comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level. A wealth of additional features allows this RackStation to replace several pieces of network hardware. Synology Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL content allows for the hosting of up to 30 websites on a single RackStation. Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to safeguard the office environments by deploying IP cameras throughout the network. This RackStation features a mail server that can work with mail clients such as Mac Mail or Windows Outlook, and the USB printer sharing capability minimizes printing costs by sharing printing resources throughout the office
- Fit to Business Environment
- Windows ADS integration allows this RackStation to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment without the need to recreate additional user accounts. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator's effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users. Windows ACL support on this RackStation provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on the RackStation through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS and WebDAV
- Robust & Affordable Scalability Up to 66 TB
- When the storage capacity of this RackStation is nearing its limits, it can easily be expanded by the Synology RX1211RP+ 12-Bay Expansion Unit. This RackStation securely connects to the Synology RX1211/RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit with an InfiniBand cable, which offers high-bandwidth connectivity to further ensure efficiency. The Synology RX1211/RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit can directly expand the existing storage on this RackStation to a maximum capacity of 66TB
- iSCSI and Virtualization Ready
- With the iSCSI support in DSM, this RackStation provides a seamless storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Hyper-V and Citrix. It is the ideal alternative to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective, iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks
- High Performance, High Data Availability
- With the Link Aggregation enabled, this RackStation delivers an average reading speed of 198.10MB/s average writing speed of 166.01 MB/s under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment. The two Gigabit Ethernet ports with failover support and hot-swappable drives will ensure continual service uptime in the event that the drives need replacement or unexpected LAN failure
- Energy Efficient Design
- This RackStation was designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average server counterparts, this RackStation consume a relatively low amount of power and have the hard drives hibernate when not in use. This RackStation is produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials