The RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit from Synology delivers an effortless solution for volume expansion and data backup for select Synology RackStations. Compatible with RS2211RP+ RackStation, the RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit smoothly scales the storage capacity by an additional twelve 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives and connects via an expansion port. It also supports hot-swappable HDD so there's no need to shut the system to switch hard drives.
- Volume Expansion & Backup
- When running out of the hard drive capacity on the Synology RS2211RP+ RackStation, the Synology RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit provides an easy way to immediately scale capacity by 12 additional hard drives. The RAID volume on the Synology RS2211RP+ Rackstation can be expanded directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives to ensure that the Synology RS2211RP+ RackStation continues its service during the capacity expansion. When created as an independent volume, the Synology RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit provides an easy solution for backing up the Synology RS2211RP+ RackStation
- Reliable Plug-n-use Design
- The Synology RS2211RP+ RackStation connects securely to the Synology RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit with an included InfiniBand cable. The InfiniBand cable offers high-bandwidth connectivity and ensures efficiency. It allows the hard drives in the connected Synology RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit to operate identically with the internal ones in the Synology RS2211RP+ RackStation with no lag in data retrieval
- Green & Easy to Manage
- HDD hibernation or HDD deep sleep mode can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy, but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks. The RX1211RP 12-Bay Expansion Unit is managed with Synology DiskStation Manager 3.1 firmware so no additional software installation is required