The AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket from Newer Technology enables you to install a 2.5" hard drive or SSD in a 3.5" SATA drive bay. This bracket features a circuit board bridge adapter that supports SATA III interfaces. By offering a bridge adapter with this bracket, you can easily install a faster 2.5" drive to the backplane tray in Mac Pros. This adapter delivers direct pass through performance so your SATA III drive maintains its 6 Gb/s transfer speed without any slowdown from bottlenecking or performance throttling. For supporting drives with slower SATA speeds, it is also backwards compatible with SATA II and SATA I interfaces. In addition, the aluminum converter bracket features an open design, which allows your cooling system to provide cool air to flow around the drive.
- Allows you to use your 2.5" hard drive or SSD in 3.5" drive bay-equipped desktop Mac, PC, or external enclosure
- Standard 3.5" drive screw mounting locations
- Install any 2.5" drive in a 3.5" SATA drive bay (including backplane trays found in the Mac Pro)
- Open design allows for full air flow for proper drive cooling
- Compatible with SATA III revision
- Enables the drive to offer the same data rates as experienced when a drive is directly connected to the SATA data bus
- Backward compatible with SATA II (3 Gb/s) and SATA I (1.5 Gb/s) drives