The Oxford Dynamics from Sonnox is a plug-in modeled on the dynamics section used in the Sony Oxford OXF-R3 professional mixing console. It offers separate compress, limit, expand, gate and side chain EQ functions, with full control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to obtain anything from unobtrusive level control and mastering functions, to the production of heavily processed artistic effects.
The plug-in features a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, along with a look-ahead technique that results in sonic and dynamic accuracy. The fully parametric side-chain 2-band equalizer allows for functions such as de-essing, and can be used in the side-chain alone, function in the main signal path as an additional equalizer, or for both combined.
An "Amount" control allows the addition of harmonically related signal with tube or electronic valve like characteristics. The warmth function is independent of other dynamic processes. The buss compressor plug-in includes a 5.1 wide compressor and limiter where the sub channel has some additional individual control.
Note! Requires iLok if one is not already present on the system.
- The dynamics section from the Sony OXF-R3 console
- Separate sections for Compressor, Gate, Expander, Limiter
- 2-band side chain EQ (with audition function)
- Warmth control for extra presence and tube-like warmth
- Three different compressor types (linear and exponential curves)
- Variable soft knee compressor
- Separate 5.1 bus compressor (where supported)
- Ultra low noise and distortion