The Oxford Transient Modulator from Sonnox is a plug-in that allows for modifying the transients of audio material over time. This changes the dynamic level of audio signals without the artifacts produced by compression and has the effect of bringing transients in the program material forwards, or pushing them into to the background. Thus the attacks of instruments can be accentuated or softened.
The application is appropriate for situation where there is a need to selectively tighten up percussive instruments or soften the unwanted percussive effects of acoustic musical instruments. The functions of the plug-in are adaptive and totally dependent upon dynamic level changes within the signal. In other words, it will have no effect on a steady state signal, such as a continuous tone which does not change in level.
Note: Requires iLok if one is not already present on the system.
- Accentuates or softens attacks and transients
- Brings instruments forwards or pushes them back in the mix
- Radically changes the dynamics of instruments
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra punch
- Can have the effect of increasing or decreasing room ambience
- Gives life to dull sounding recordings without the artifacts of compression