The Oxford Limiter from Sonnox is a limiter native based plug-in that provide a very high degree of quality and usability in program loudness control and limiting. It employs highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing, along with adaptive timing functions using look-ahead signal acquisition. The plug-in is able to deliver general transparent level control, program loudness maximization, or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
The comprehensive metering displays not only conventional peak sample values, but also allows the user to monitor the absolute values of the program material. This avoids inter sample peaks which can be often go undetected during production, but the generation of which will cause damaging reconstruction overloads in downstream equipment, resulting in degraded audio.
A further function allows the user to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting. Comprehensive dithering with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output in either 24- or 16-bit modes.
Note! Requires iLok if one is not already present on the system.
Limiter plug-in comprising four cascaded processes in the following order:
- Peak program limiting
- Program enhancement
- Reconstruction metering and compensation
- Dithering and noise shaping
- Enhance section to increase perceived loudness
- Reconstruction meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature corrects reconstruction errors without losing overall program loudness
- Attack, release and variable soft knee controls
- Comprehensive dither and noise shaping
- Includes many factory presets