The Oxford/GML 8200 Option from Sonnox is an optional extra for the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in that adds emulation of the hardware GML 8200 EQ to the EQ plug-in. The highly accurate emulation for the Sony Oxford OXF-R3 console was designed in collaboration with George Massenburg, and features all the characteristics of the classic GML 8200 outboard unit.
The option faithfully reproduces all the control ranges and responses of the original EQ, even to the point of producing center frequencies up to 26kHz while running at 44.1 or 48kHz. This superlative EQ, much loved for its sonic detail and sensitive musical character has become regarded as an indispensable tool amongst many professionals in the industry. The option is fully endorsed by GML.
- Enhances the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in by adding a GML-8200 emulation as an additional EQ type
- Common control interface features with the built-in Sonnox Oxford EQ types
- Extremely accurate GML 8200 emulation with center frequencies up to 26kHz
- Highly accurate control range and law matching with GML 8200 to retain the operational character of the analog unit
- Extremely low noise and distortion