The SanDisk Express 16GB ExpressCard, is a high-speed, solid-state digital recording solution that has been designed for professional videographers, using the latest generation of professional camcorders that record to ExpressCards, rather than magnetic tape, hard discs or optical discs. In particular, it is fully compatible with Sony's XDCAM EX, which has two ExpressCard slots.
The SanDisk ExpressCard provides super-fast downloads of large video files and is ideally suited to editing in the field. Video can be quickly off-loaded to a notebook computer, with no extra cables or readers required, so the card can go back to work in the video camera as fast as possible. Furthermore, by connecting directly to a computer's PCI Express "slot" on your computer, ExpressCards can read and write data at least 2.5 times faster than PC Cards.
The SxS specification has been developed jointly by SanDisk and Sony so that it is optimized for use in Sony professional video cameras, and ExpressCard is a standard created by the Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) as a successor to the PC Card standard.
- Super fast transfer speeds of up to 100 megabytes per second of large video files from media to computer
- Approximately 70 minutes recording time in SP mode or 50 minutes in HQ mode
- Go directly from camera to ExpressCard/34 slot in computer and enables a quick work flow from shooting to editing
- Ideal for small production systems (where the shooter and editor is typically the same person)
- Low power consumption, small size & light weight
- Durable, Vibration-proof & Shock resistant
- Meets SxS high-performance video specification developed by SanDisk and Sony and is compatible with Sony XDCAM EX