The Panasonic DMP-BD45GCK Blu-ray Disc Multi-System Player packs high-end audio and video processing techniques into a slim package with the ability to play Blu-ray and DVD discs from just about anywhere in the world.
The DMP-BD45GCK features support for exceptional video, with PFL Chroma Processor Plus processing each pixel vertically to deliver color output accuracy. It supports HDMI 1.4 output so you can enjoy exceptional imaging quality with Deep Color and x.v Color. When used with a TV and HDMI cable that also support HDMI 1.4, this allows for a wide color gamut with literally a billion colors. While this is more than the human eye can discern, it makes for smoother, more lifelike video.
This player also supports 3:2 pulldown, something that many higher end players to offer smoother images when converting the frame rates per second for compatibility with your TV. This player also makes the most out of your current collection of DVDs. It automatically upscales them to be more like Blu-ray quality, so you can see them with enhanced picture quality without spending a fortune on an upgrade to an all-Blu-ray disc collection.
And since premium video is only half of the entertainment experience, the DMP-BD45GCK also has integrated audio processing for several Dolby and DTS audio formats to offer an enveloping sound field to accompany your favorite films. Additionally, the built-in dialog enhancer makes sure you don't miss a whisper during any of your movies.
With a digital media slot that accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards, you can display home movies made on your camcorder on the big screen in high definition or photo files saved on a memory card of one of these formats.
All of these high-end features come packaged in a slim, 2" tall chassis that blends into any room of the house. While this player offers support for exceptional video and audio, its multi-system functionality allows for ultimate flexibility. The DMP-BD45GCK is a smart choice if you're looking for top quality features in a compact, stylish package that will play Blu-ray and DVD discs from multiple regions.
Note: This item is imported and it is not supported by a MFR warranty. To support this product B&H Photo provides a 90-day warranty.
- Multi-System Playback
- No matter where you are in the world, this Blu-ray player has you covered. It is compatible with NTSC, PAL and SECAM signals which allow it to play virtually any Blu-ray or DVD disc. It will play region A, B, and C Blu-ray discs on any TV, and region 1-6 standard DVDs on a multi-system TV. Multi-system playback affords maximum flexibility to accommodate all the discs in your collection and more.
- PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
- PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus is a high quality image-processing technology developed to precisely process each pixel of the Blu-ray disc video signal in the vertical direction. It reproduces color data with twice the accuracy of conventional systems to keep colors faithful and sharp.
- High Precision 4:4:4
- Proprietary high-precision 4:4:4 signal technology processes each pixel of the Blu-ray video signal horizontally, to complement PHL's vertical direction processing are displayed that look more like the original film.
- Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD (P4HD)
- To get the best HD images from a Blu-ray disc, you need a player that renders high quality progressive images, expresses motion smoothly, and draws sharp diagonal lines. This player's P4HD processes over 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimum processing to every pixel in the video data on the disc. Its subsystems include Precise Pixel Generation, 16-Level Motion Detection With Pixel-Based motion Adaptive and Diagonal Processing.
- Precise Pixel Generation
- The highest quality Blu-ray format is 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) can be recorded at any of four different frame rates—59.94i, 50i, 23.976p and 24p—and the compression format can be MPEG2, MPEG4 AVC or VC-1. The Blu-ray player must detect these instantly and perform progressive conversion where necessary. For the de-interlacing and scaling, the super-high-speed P4HD employed in the DMP-BD45GCK generates each pixel correctly according to information obtained from up to 60 surrounding pixels for exceptional imaging quality.
- 16-Level Motion Detection With Pixel-Based Motion Adaptive
- For optimum progressive conversion, the processing must suit the motion of the image. The super-high-speed P4HD categorizes the image motion of each pixel into one of 16 levels, from stationary to super fast. For areas with stationary images, it applies the progressive processing best suited to still images. In other areas it applies processing that matches the degree of motion, creating minimal conversion errors.
- Diagonal Processing
- The ability to create smooth, sharp diagonal lines is key in progressive conversion. The P4HD quickly detects diagonals and applies correction to the pixels accordingly. In reproducing the kinds of geometric patterns often seen in architecture, for example, the BD45 provides exceptionally smooth, sharp diagonal lines whether the image is still or moving.
- 3:2 Pull-Down Progressive Processing
- Because motion pictures are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and video is recorded at 30 fps, converting film to video often creates problems. A solution implemented in higher end players is 3:2 pulldown. The advanced progressive scan also allows your DVDs to look more like Blu-ray discs.
- Ultra Fast 0.5 Second Quick Start
- The DMP-BD45GCK can start from Standby Quick Start mode to power on in 0.5 seconds, so you don't have to wait to start enjoying your favorites.
- VIERA Link Eco Function Means Smart Energy Saving
- In standby mode, the DMP-BD45GCK draws one tenth of a watt. In quick start standby mode it draws seven watts. Even in full operation it draws only about 14 watts. So the DMP-BD45GCK creates a minimal drain on the environment and your wallet.