Fast Forward Video's sideKick HD is a portable digital video recorder that captures high-quality 4:2:2 video, at up to 220Mbps, onto a removable 2.5" solid state drive. With its HD-SDI and HDMI inputs/outputs, 4.3" LCD monitor, and ability to mount to any camera via its 1/4"-20 screw mount, the sideKick is an essential piece of the production process.
But its advantages don't end with production alone: the unit's ability to record 1080i/p and 720p video directly to NLE-friendly codecs--currently Apple ProRes, with more to come--means no transcoding of footage and edit-ready video as soon as you say "Cut." Clips can be reviewed or renamed using multiple playback options, then the removable drive can be handed off to an editor or client for review--keeping your workflow streamlined and efficient.
Capture the highest quality video that your HD camera can produce:
- up to 220 Mbps
- 4:2:2 sampling
- 10-bit quantization
Give post-production an option of preferred recording codecs:
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Apple ProRes 422
- In the future, more codec options will be available via purchased firmware updates
- Record directly to high quality NLE formats-eliminating extra transcoding time which may degrade image quality.
- Be sure you got the shot with the 4.3" on-board confidence monitor, which provides simple playback options including scrub and jog.
- Increase record times with larger capacity non-proprietary 2.5" solid state drives.
- Mount the sideKick HD anywhere with the power battery or cable option.
- Capture everything with automatic recording and frame rate/resolution sensing capabilities.