The imageFORMULA DR-2020U Universal Workgroup Scanner from Canon combines 3 different scanning modes - ADF, flatbed, and business card - into a single compact unit. The scanner's 20-page/40-image per minute scan speed together with the ADF's 50-sheet capacity makes digitizing your office a simple automated process. The scanner comes bundled with Adobe Acrobat which works seamlessly with the scanner. Once the document has been scanned, Acrobat uses OCR technology to make the text fully searchable so you can find exactly what you need instantly.
In order to ensure the highest accuracy the scanner has several built in features to ensure the documents are scanned right the first time. Auto paper size detection removes blank space around an image when a non-standard size document is scanned. Should the pages be rotated, the scanner can recognize and correct a wrong orientation. Additionally, deskew detects when pages are inserted askew and straightens them. Other features include skip blank page, drop out color (specify one color to be omitted), and remove binder holes which automatically detects binder hole punches and removes them from the scanned document.
Rapid Duplex Scanning
- The DR-2020U scanner introduces one-pass duplex scanning to desktop flatbed scanners with its Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). It's capable of reliable batch scanning at rapid speeds of up to 20 pages/40 images per minute in black and white and up to 20 pages/20 images per minute in color
Versatile Document Handling
- The DR-2020U scanner offers versatile three-way scanning capable of handling the widest range of document types. Scan batches of up to 50 documents using the ADF, or scan atypical-size documents such as books and magazines, embossed plastic cards, or fragile documents with the flatbed. In addition to using the flatbed, this scanner also simplifies business card scanning with a dedicated business card feeder tray
Simple to Use
- With convenient walk-up scanning including a copier-like, user-friendly control panel, the DR-2020U scanner offers one-touch operation with three pre-defined Scan-To-Job buttons for copy, file, and e-mail functions. Additionally, the bundled Canon CaptureOnTouch software enables users to configure up to 50 different jobs that can be assigned to five user-defined Scan-To-Job buttons for quick and easy access
High Image Quality
- Capturing original documents with precision is important. Derived from decades of experience, Canon's advanced scanner technologies capture fine lines and intricate image details with features including Advanced Text Enhancement and Color Dropout. With such clear definition and detail, images can easily be indexed for archiving and retrieval
- The DR-2020U scanner's solid design and advanced feeding mechanism help ensure smooth and reliable ADF document feeding. This scanner employs efficiency-boosting features such as Double Feed Detection, Auto Page Size Detection, and Skip Blank Page to reduce tedious preparation and presorting of documents prior to scanning, helping to streamline workflows
A Complete Imaging System
- The DR-2020U scanner includes ISIS/TWAIN drivers, industry-standard interfaces that seamlessly link applications and scanners for easy hardware integration with third-party Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software. The scanner is also bundled with the latest document imaging software packages-including Canon CapturePerfect and CaptureOnTouch, Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office, Nuance PaperPort Standard, NewSoft Presto! BizCard, Nocson EasyConnect (available via D/L), OmniPage SE-to deliver a complete, end-to-end solution
Environment in Mind
- The DR-2020U scanner has been designed with Canon's initiative to take an environmentally and people-conscious approach to product design and life cycle. This scanner meets ENERGY STAR program guidelines for energy efficiency and complies with the RoHS and WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products