The Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 SLR Digital Camera features an advanced 2.5-inch free angle LCD with full-time Live View, and a 10.1-megapixel Live MOS image sensor that provides beautiful images with delicate gradation and wide dynamic range. There is also a dust reduction system that utilizes a Supersonic Wave Filter to prevent dust from attaching to the sensor and degrading the pictures. Plus the latest Panasonic image processor - Venus Engine III - provides for high quality image rendering and the camera's high speed response. Like its predecessor, the DMC-L10 utilizes the open format of the Four Thirds system for its lens mount.
The full-time Live View further gives users more shooting flexibility and greater convenience than a conventional digital SLR camera, providing users with the ability to utilize the 2.5" Free Angle LCD Display as a viewfinder - this is particularly useful when shooting at unusual angles, and lets the user check the outcome image in advance after compensating the exposure or adjusting the white balance. Furthermore, the DMC-L10 incorporates a Face Detection function that detects human faces and sets focus and exposure to capture faces clearly. It also has an Intelligent ISO Control function that detects and meters the movement of the subject and sets a suitable ISO setting and the shutter speed to suppress motion-blur in the picture. Other unique functions of the DMC-L10 include Film Modes where users can select the mode that takes the best advantage of the scene, and users can set the image aspect ratio to 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9.
Even with all of these incredible features, the DMC L10 is very easy to use with intuitive controls and a comfortable yet sturdy body. The Mode Dial on top of the camera provides direct access to frequently used settings including P/A/S/M modes, five frequently-used scene modes (Portrait, Scenery, Macro, Sports and Night Portrait) and one custom mode that you can pre-set for your own preference.
Altogether, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 incorporates a variety of functions that build a bridge for the potential user of digital SLR to take a first step into a world of real creative photography or for existing users who have not been able to take best advantage of their conventional digital SLR cameras to do so now.
- 10.1 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- The Live MOS sensor used in the DMC-L10 provides the beautiful images with delicate gradation and wide dynamic range that only a CCD image sensor can provide while achieving low energy consumption which is a feature of CMOS sensors. By incorporating the 2.2Ã¿Â¿Ã¿Âµm pixel technology, Panasonic succeeded in the mass production of a miniaturized circuit that sustains the same light receiving area as the sensor of 7.5-megapixels in the same image area. Also, photodiodes embedded deeply in the silicon layer create a structure that suppresses noise generated on the substrate surface.
- Four Thirds Standard Designed Especially for the Digital Camera
- Panasonic adopted the Four Thirds standard for the DMC-L10's lens system, which means you can use lenses made by other manufacturers, providing you with an extensive range of interchangeable lenses.
- Includes World-Class Leica Lens
- Panasonic's sophisticated LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm/F3.8-5.6 ASPH. lens unit features 15 lens elements in 11 groups, including two aspherical lenses to lower spherical aberration, and two extra-low dispersion lenses to suppress chromatic aberration. The focal length is equivalent to 28 to 100 mm on a 35mm camera.
- Venus Engine III
- The Venus Engine III is an image processing LSI developed by Panasonic to maximize the performance of the Leica D lens and Live MOS sensor. This advanced LSI not only helps reproduce images with outstanding resolution, superior color and detailed gradation, it also distinguishes chromatic noise from luminance noise and selectively reduces the chromatic noise, one of the chief sources of image quality problems.
- Face Detection Function
- The Face Detection system helps the camera to recognize a human face to capture it bright and clear. Up to 15 human faces can be detected simultaneously. The detection keeps working on the faces even if subjects are moving so that the time for AF is minimized before you click away the shutter.
- Advanced Hybrid AF System
- Conventionally, only phase difference AF is believed to be the method of AF for digital SLRs, but Panasonic dares to add the contrast AF method to make the L10's AF one of the most advanced hybrid AF system in industry. A TTL phase difference detection system works for shooting through a viewfinder while contrast AF system best supports the shooting using the live view. This is also the case with AE. A high speed, high precision TTL full aperture light metering by 49 zones multi-pattern sensing system is available for shooting through the viewfinder. On the other hand for the shooting with live view, exposure can be metered and set using the Live MOS sensor for light metering to take the whole picture information and evaluate it by 256 zones multi-pattern sensing system to give a well-balanced exposure as a whole image.
- 2.5" Free-Angle LCD
- The camera's 2.5" free-angle LCD gives you even greater flexibility with a screen that rotates 180° left and right and 270° front and back for shots at both high and low angles. In addition, the auto-focusing area can be chosen from as many as nine points while viewing the LCD before you take the shot so you can focus on your subject with exceptional accuracy. You can also use the LCD to check how any white balance or exposure compensation adjustments affect the shot before you take it, while Film Mode lets you adjust the photo characteristics.
- Full-Time Live View
- With conventional digital SLR cameras, you never know exactly how the photo is composed until after you shoot. The Lumix DMC-L10 changes all that with full-time Live View. When you look at the LCD screen, you see what the camera sees, making it easy to adjust and compose your shot just the way you want it.
- Compact and Lightweight
- Featuring a compact design and weighing just a little over a pound, the DMC-L10 is a camera you can carry around easily and use comfortably. The grip is designed to give you a sure, stable hold, leaving you free to concentrate on the shooting.