The Sennheiser MKH 415 T is a medium shotgun microphone, powered by the 12VDC A-B standard (aka DIN 45 595, aka "T" power). It was the forerunner to the popular MKH 416, which is still made.
MKH 415T and 416 both use RF Condenser technology, which combines a loose diaphragm tension with low polarization voltage to produce a low-noise signal with reduced susceptibility to environmental factors.
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer's acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Silver all-metal body
- Increased directivity
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions.