The ultra-successful Minolta X-700 is a manual focus system camera with the option of full Program exposure control. Offering Aperture Priority automatic exposure as well as manual, the X-700 is a slick, compact package with simple, easy-to-understand controls. TTL (Through-The-Lens) flash metering is also available with appropriate dedicated optional flash units (the original optional TTL dedicated flash units were 360PX, 280PX, 132PX and Macro 80PX).
The X-700 is fully compatible with any Minolta MD mount lens. Lenses with the Minolta MC mount can still be used but in Aperture Priority or manual modes only (not in Program). Winding is manual but the optional Minolta Auto Winder G and the high quality MD-1 (Motor Drive 1) are often available. This camera is being offered with a Minolta 28-70 f/3.5-4.8 MD zoom lens.
- Program, Aperture Priority and Manual exposure control
- Simple control layout - easy to use
- TTL Flash metering with suitable dedicated flash units
- Optional Winders and Motordrives
- Compatibility with the vast array of Minolta MD-mount lenses