The name "Hasselblad" is synonymous with image quality and reliability. Together with Carl Zeiss lenses, Hasselblad represents the highest standards of photographic craftsmanship and precision. The 501CM is the primary model of the Hasselblad system. This completely manual and mechanical Single-Lens-Reflex camera is compact, lightweight, easy-to-use and meets the needs of both studio and location work.
The 501CM is essentially the same as the classic 500C/M model but with the addition of a larger mirror and a new mirror hinge mechanism. This Gliding Mirror System (GMS) helps provide even illumination across the entire focusing screen when longer focal length lenses are used. The 501CM is an excellent entry level choice to the world of medium format 6 x 6cm photography.
The Hasselblad system contains a full line of lenses, viewfinders (metered and non-metered), film magazines (120, 220, 70mm and Polaroid), as well as many accessories. The 501CM is available both in kit form (consisting of a body, waist level viewfinder, 120 roll film back and 80mm f/2.8 CF lens), or as a separate body in either chrome or black finish
- Professional "workhorse" camera
- Superb image quality with first class Zeiss optics
- Electronic flash synchronization at all shutter speeds up to 1/500th second
- New Micro-Prism/Split-Image Acute-Matte "D" focusing screen
- Gliding Mirror System (GMS)
- Rugged one-piece cast aluminum alloy body