The Q Flash Model X2 can be powered by the new Qpaq-X system. It can also be powered by a Lumedyne or Norman pack, with appropriate adapters, for up to 400 w/s (GN 220, ISO 100 film) of auto-flash. Quantum Instruments X2 TTL Flash Head is a completely automated flash head with 4 user selectable operating modes. Flash control is either Automatic, Manual, Stroboscopic, or TTL (with optional adapters for TTL camera control)
Note: The X2 cannot be powered by the Turbo Battery -- only the Q-Paq, Norman 200C, 400B, or Lumedyne Powerpacks with Batteries.
For Full TTL Operation, a TTL compatible camera and a Quantum TTL Module Cord are required
For an up-to-date list of TTL "D" series Adapters and compatible cameras, click here.
- TTL Mode
- With compatible camera and TTL Module (see list of compatible cameras, above)
- Automatic Mode
- Covers a 9 F-Stop range in 1/3 stop increments.
- Manual Mode
- Power may be adjusted from full to half to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments.
- Stroboscopic Mode
- May be adjusted for power, number, and frequency of rapid firing for special effects.
- Choice of Power Sources
Recycles with a Q-Paq 200 w/s: 2.5 seconds, Ultra Recycle: 1.8 second
Norman 200C: 1.5 seconds
Norman 400B: 3 seconds
Lumedyne 200 w/s Standard Pack: 5 seconds
Lumedyne 200 w/s Ultra Fast Pack: 1.2 seconds
Lumedyne 400 w/s Ultra Fast Pack: 2.4 seconds
- Program Mode
- Store up to 4 favorite settings, switch between them at the push of a button.
- Exposure Confirmation
Visual: Displays "OK"
Audible: Beeps once for OK, or beeps 3 times with an "UNDR" or "OVER" in the display, indicating which way to adjust the Q Flash.
The beeping is switchable, or heard with the included earphone.
- Changeable Reflector
May be used with included parabolic, or optional QF63 telephoto reflector.
May be used bare bulb, or with silver or gold bare bulb enhancers.
- Angle Adjustment
- Head swivels and tilts for bounce flash capability.
- Easy to Mount
- Mounts on a camera bracket, lightstand or tripod with its 1/4"-20 threaded bottom.