The 1st edition book, iPhone 3D Game Programming All In One, by Jeremy Alessi, from Cengage Course Tech. is a complete guide to iPhone and iPod Touch game development. Beginning with the basics and ending with a finished game published in the App store, this book covers all the fundamentals. The combined strength of Unity and the iPhone development platform are used to full effect, allowing even complete novices to create and publish an iPhone game.
- A complete guide to iPhone and iPod touch game creation.
- Suitable for beginners as it requires no previous programming experience.
- Shows readers how to create and test games.
- About the Author
- Jeremy has been developing video games for over a decade. Scholastic, Garage Games, and Reflexive Entertainment have published his work. His first independent title, Aerial Antics (2004), was nominated for Sim Game of the Year by Game Tunnel, listed as a top 5 physics download by Computer Gaming World, and was featured on the G4 Network TV show Cinematech. Currently, he is producing several new titles for the iPhone through independent studio Midnight Status. In addition, Jeremy also writes the popular Games Demystified series of articles, which appear on Gamasutra.
- PART I: Some Assembly Required
- 1. Ready, Fire, Aim! 2. Apple's Ring, Apple's Ropes. 3. Unity Fundamentals. 4. Creating the Perfect Concept.
- PART II: Game-Makin'
- 5. The Strengths and Weaknesses of the iPhone's Unique Input Interface. 6. Concept Art. 7. Prototyping. 8. Play Testing and Iterating. 9. Production Art. 10. Tying Up Loose Ends. 11. Shipping and Handling Extra.