The Heliopan 82mm Green #13 Glass Filter is commonly used for a noticeable increase in contrast with black and white films. When your black and white images are flat, throw on a contrast filter.
Contrast in black and white is generally controlled by yellow, orange and red filters with red producing the greatest contrast. Moderate changes can be accomplished with yellow, which can generally bump up the contrast just enough to make the difference between a "muddy" print and an acceptable image.
Heliopan Lichtfilter-Technik of Munich, Germany has changed their black anodized brass filter rings on most Heliopan non-rotating filters to their "slim" mounts. These slim mounts are made of black anodized brass stock and have so little rim in front of the lens (5.4mm) that they will not vignette with lenses as short as 21mm.
Heliopan offers a wide selection of sizes, screw-in, series, bayonet, square and rectangular filters including digital, video, center weighted, graduated, wide angle, Kaesmann polarizers, drop-in polarizers, etc.
- Especially useful for clear contrast between blue sky with clouds and foreground
- Recommended as a basic filter for use with Kodak Aero Ektachrome Infrared film
- Heliopan filters are "dyed in the mass" and ground, polished and coated to the highest standards of the German optical industry
- All Heliopan screw-in type and series size filters are mounted in precision black anodized brass rings to eliminate binding or cross threading and to ensure optimal alignment
- Filters still retain front threads for a lens cap, a lens hood or even stacking a second filter
- The portion of the Heliopan slim filters that are in front of the lens have been reduced in thickness by 37% over the former mount