The name "Hasselblad" is synonymous with image quality and reliability. Together with Carl Zeiss lenses, Hasselblad represents the highest standards of photographic craftmanship and precision. The 503CW features a built-in TTL flash metering system, which automatically measures the light off the film for consistent flash exposures. The new optional Winder CW, which may be operated by remote control, makes the 503CW more convenient to operate. This completely manual and mechanical Single-Lens-Reflex camera is compact, lightweight, easy-to-use and meets the needs of both studio and location work.
The Hasselblad system contains a full line of lenses, viewfinders (metered and non-metered), film magazines (120, 220, 70mm and Polaroid), as well as many accessories. The 503CW is available in chrome or black finish.
- New optional Winder CW for automated film advance and infra-red (cordless) remote control
- TTL/OTF flash capability; Electronic flash synchronization at all shutter speeds up to 1/500th second
- First class Zeiss optics
- New Acute-Matte "D" focusing screen
- Gliding Mirror System (GMS) provides even viewfinder illumination with longer lenses
- Rugged one-piece cast aluminum alloy body