The Canon T70 was introduced as a modern camera, one of the first with computerized controls, metering pattern options and push-button controls. Its low price and extensive feature options made it a favorite with photojournalists and advanced amateurs. It is a lightweight, motorized camera that offered conveniences that most professional cameras of the time did not have. Today the T70 exists as an excellent body choice for using the vast array of manual focus Canon FD lenses on the market. This camera was superceded by the T90 - which was the last full-featured FD-mount Canon camera.
The T70 was a major step forward offering extreme ease of use and a multitude of features. A large external LCD display shows essential information and the camera runs on just two "AA" sized alkaline batteries (NIMH,NiCads are okay too). This camera includes a Canon 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 FD lens.
- Multi-mode, easy-to-use camera body compatible with Canon FD-mount manual focus lenses
- Program AE, Shutter Priority AE and Manual exposure control
- Built-in automatic film advance and rewind
- Choice of center-weighted average or selective light metering
- Large easy to read, external LCD display panel