Nikon's smallest, lightest autofocus 35mm SLR, the N55 gives great performance in a familiar yet diminutive design. Simple, concise controls make its intelligent features less intimidating for the beginner. Sophisticated metering and autofocus systems make the N55 a competent professional backup camera. This kit with the 28-80mm G lens provides everything needed to begin taking sharp pictures.
NOTE: This camera will NOT autofocus with AF-S or AF-I Nikkor lenses, nor does it function with the Vibration Reduction feature found on some Nikkor lenses.
- Auto mode setting removes guesswork from picture taking
- Five Vari-Program modes tailored to specific scenes and subjects(portrait, landscape, closeup, sports & night portrait)
- Large LCD panel with simple characters makes operatoins easy
- Exposure modes include Auto-Multi Program, Shutter-priority & Apeture-priority autoexposure & Manual settings for full user control when desired
- 5-Segment 3D matrix metering ensures accurate exposures
- Nikon Dynamic AF technology with priority for the closest subject chooses one of the three AF sensors & transports film at 1.5 frames per second
- Matrix Balanced Fill Flash (only with built-in Speedlite) reduces shadows in bright situations while balancing foreground and background illuminations