The Konica-Minolta AF DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6(D) lens is a compact, ultra-wide angle zoom lens specifically designed for Minolta Digital SLR cameras. Optics have been optimized for a small diameter image circle in order to work with the APS-C size CCD used with digital SLR cameras. When used with a digital SLR camera, the equivalent focal length for this lens is 16.5-27mm.
This lens is ideal for anyone looking for a compact ultra wide to wide angle lens. With a focus distance of less than 10" to infinity, it is ideal for landscape, candid, environmental, close-up and full-length portrait photography.
DT lenses employ a new optical system that is specifically designed for digital SLR cameras which incorporate an APS-C size CCD image sensor.
Note! DT lenses are NOT Compatible with 35mm cameras
- DT Series
- As part of the DT line, this lens is optimized for digital cameras.
- Improved Optics
- One AD (anomalous dispersion) glass elements and three Aspheric elements are used to correct for distortion as well as all types of aberration.
- ADI Flash Metering
- Enables high precision ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash metering when mounted on the Maxxum 5D and Maxxum 7D by incorporating a distance encoder (distance information internally provided in lens).
- Circular Aperture
- The circular aperture not only ensures extremely sharp photos but even allows the defocused areas to show smooth gradations that depict natural scenes perfectly.
- Camera Anti-Shake Correction
- The Maxxum 5D and 7D's anti-shake blur correction effect means that these lenses can be used with shutter speeds 2-3 stops slower than with conventional cameras.