The black Steady Shot with Camera Vest from Cotton Carrier is a unique chest harness system that supports your camera eliminating the neck strain usually associated with shooting long jobs such as weddings, sports, public relations and photojournalism. The system is designed for the photographer who carries a DSLR with battery grip. The system comes complete with a camera tether that securely supports your camera and two hubs - one that tilts 15° and the other that hangs straight. Use the one that suits your shooting style. The hub fits neatly into the 1/4 -20 tripod slot on your camera and then slips into the Lexan receptacle in the front of your vest. For additional stability, the built-in lens Stabilization Strap adds another measure of balance and support by holding the lens firmly against your body, preventing "swing".
The Steady Shot is a unique accessory that accepts any 1/4" threaded quick-release clamp to hold a still or video camera. It provides an extremely steady and firm platform on which you can place your camera. This will make shooting a wide variety of subjects even easier such as nature, sports or even weddings. No more "shakey" shots since the Steady Shot produces a stabilized landing on which your gear rests. The Steady Shot is durable and rugged and can handle a wide variety of shooting systems. It neatly and easily slides into the Lexan receptacle of the vest. Big lens, video camera - it makes no difference. The Steady Shot is designed to hold any quick-release plate from any manufacturer.
Using the vest is simple: First, use the buckles and touch fasteners on the vest to secure it around your body. Both the height and chest harness are fully adjustable. The camera tether then attaches to the vest by the use of a D-Ring. The unit's Split Ring attaches to the camera's strap lug and then to the other end of the tether. The entire unit is inter-connected and provides you with a comfortable and stable way to comfortably walk around while having your camera at the ready to shoot. You can also attach the harness as a standalone system when you attach it to, for example, your backpack strap. Just wrap the touch fastener around the strap and you're set to go. The system is backed by Cotton Carrier's limited lifetime warranty against defects.
- The Cotton Carrier can also be used with many popular tripod systems, but you must purchase an optional matching Quick Release Clamp - from Cotton Carrier or through your tripod's manufacturer - you need to match whatever camera plate your tripod head is using
- The Cotton Carrier is designed to hold digital SLRs of any size and lens configuration - make sure you are using the proper hub for your camera/lens combination. There are two sets of hard anodized Camera Hubs that are available with your Cotton Carrier; regular (flat) and 15 degree angled hubs. The regular hubs are designed for typical, non-professional, non-battery gripped cameras. The 15 degree angled hub is designed specifically for use with professional series (full bodied) and battery-gripped cameras.
- A side holster is available as an option to hold a second camera
- The Cotton Carrier Camera System is designed around the 1/4" standard tripod mount thread size that the majority of SLR, Point & Shoot, and camcorders use
- Although the Cotton Carrier is designed to carry weight loads of essentially any camera and lens combination, providing you use the right camera hub, it is strongly recommend using your camera neck strap as an extra measure of security whenever using your camera under active situations (e.g. mountain bike riding, skiing, hiking)
- The Steady Shot is constructed for long-lasting durability and reliability with its stainless steel and aluminum composition
- It provides not only comfortable but "steady" shooting and eliminates the "shake" normally associated with rapid action photography. This is especially valuable when photographing wildlife or sports