The black 45mm f/1.8 [T6] 2D/3D Lens from Samsung is hybrid 2D and 3D lens for NX system cameras. In standard 2D mode it has a maximum aperture of f/1.8 for low light shooting and shallow depth of field capability. Its focal length is equivalent to 69.3mm in the 35mm format and it can focus as close at 19.7" (0.5 m). As a 2D lens it is compatible with any of the NX series of cameras. However, with the Samsung NX300 digital camera it is also capable of producing 3D photos and videos. 3D functioning is engaged by a switch on the lens which drops a secondary dual LCD shutter into the optical path. This shutter creates two slightly different images which are both rendered on the NX300's 20.3MP sensor and processed by the DRIMe IV image engine into one 3D image that is viewable on 3D-enabled televisions or other viewing devices. In 3D mode, the lens has a maximum aperture of f/3.5 [T/6].
- Fast f/1.8 Maximum Aperture
- With a fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 in 2D mode, this lens is capable of shooting clear images in low light and of shallow depth of field photography.
- Short Telephoto/Portrait Focal Length
- This 45mm lens has a 35mm focal length equivalency of 69.3mm which puts it in the short telephoto or portrait category. It will bring objects somewhat closer than normal perspective and provides flattering angles for portraiture.
- 3D Capability
- When using the 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens with the Samsung NX300 camera, 3D photo and video capture is possible. When you engage the 3D mode with by a switch on the lens, a secondary dual LCD shutter system drops in front of the optical path and alternately blocks out one side of the lens, creating two slightly different images rendered on the sensor. The NX300's powerful image processor combines these different frames to create a 3D photo or video that is viewable on 3D enabled televisions or viewing devices. In 3D mode, the maximum aperture on the lens is f/3.5.
- iScene Compatible Modes
- Night, Portrait, Beauty Shot, Children, Backlight, Sports