Compact and discrete, Leica rangefinders are world renown for their build, reliability, and handling. The Leica M9 represents the world's first full-frame, 35mm digital rangefinder camera. Built around a proprietary 18.0 megapixel CCD image sensor, the M9 delivers superb, high resolution imaging with exceptional color and contrast. Advanced microlens placement ensures precise light transmission with no discernable corner fall-off - even when using ultra wide optics.
"Messsucher", the "M" in the Leica M System, is a term describing the combination of rangefinder and viewfinder. True to the M legacy, the M9 maintains the classic form, control placement, and durability of its predecessors. Through a bright, oversized viewfinder the photographer can approach subjects with greater context and manual focusing flexibility. Without the finder blackout of traditional SLR cameras, shooting with the M9 allows users not only to capture the precise moment, but to truly experience it as well. Powerful yet highly portable, the Leica M9 is a precise photographic tool designed for discerning photographers and imaging professionals everywhere.
- Full-Frame 35mm Sensor
- The proprietary CCD sensor in the LEICA M9 boasts 18 megapixel resolution and allows for full utilization of the 35mm format. Utilizing a newly developed cover glass to eliminate infrared light contamination, the sensor provides stellar performance with Leica M lenses. The use of external UV/IR filters is not required.
- Bright and Clear Viewfinder
- Unlike SLR cameras, where light transmission to the eye is limited by the lens, Leica rangefinders provide fast and precise focusing through a constantly bright, oversized viewfinder - regardless of which lens is attached.
- Quiet Shutter
- The shutter of the M9 is exceptionally quiet. In Discreet Mode, the shutter is recocked only after the photographer's finger is removed from the shutter release. When longer exposure times are required, Soft Release Mode limits vibration for all-around sharper photos.
- Intuitive Controls
- Concentrate on taking pictures, not the controls. Time exposure is easily selected from an analogue dial atop the body. Aperture is set on the lens. The M9's intuitive four-way controller and dial provide easy navigation of menus and custom functions. ISO, playback, and exposure information are all available at the touch of a button.
- Classic Rangefinder Design
- Born from the great lineage of Leica M System cameras, the M9 maintains the classic form, control placement, and durability of its predecessors. Crafted from a high-strength magnesium alloy, with a brass top deck and bottom plate, the body provides excellent protection for its internal components.
- Advanced Software
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom professional digital workflow solution is available as a free online download for both Mac and Windows based systems.