The Panasonic 14-150mm f/3.5-5.6 Leica D Vario-Elmar Aspherical MEGA O.I.S. Lens is an interchangeable large-diameter 10.7x telephoto zoom lens, developed by Leica exclusively for digital SLR cameras. It follows the Four Thirds Standard, which also makes it compatible with other brands that use this same format.
By incorporating the MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) feature and 4 aspherical and 1 ED element, this lens makes it possible to capture clear, sharp images, edge to edge, even in macro shooting or low-lit situations. This provides users with a wide range of shooting flexibility.
This Leica D lens also features Extra Silent Motor (XSM) technology, which assures quick, quiet, accurate auto focusing control. This system's high torque provides exceptional responsiveness, accuracy and focusing stability. This type of motor is ideal for the auto focusing system in a super-telephoto zoom camera.
- Aspherical Lenses
- Four large-diameter aspherical lenses and one ED (extra-low dispersion) lens help the lens meet Leica's extremely high optical performance standards. They help capture images that are clear from corner to corner across the entire zoom range, with minimal distortion.
- Multi-coated lens elements reduce ghosting and flare to an absolute minimum, enabling the lens to deliver an optical performance that meets Leica's lofty standards.
- Aperture Ring
- The included aperture ring, in addition to the zoom and focus rings, provides users with the kind of easy, pleasant, intuitive operation offered by familiar film cameras.
- Circular Aperture
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics.
- Four Thirds Standard Lens Mount
- Use of the Four Thirds standard means that this lens can also be used with other manufacturers that have adopted this digital camera standard.