The Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens offers a 35mm equivalency of 24-135mm when used with a Canon APS-C EOS Digital SLR. Measuring just under 4" in length and weighing about 1.25 lbs, the lens boasts a convenient wide angle to telephoto focal length in an easy to carry form factor.
Containing 17 elements (including a UD-glass element) in 12 groups, the lens captures an angle-of-view (AOV) range of about 84° to 18°, for capturing wide landscapes and telephoto portraits.
The lens features a minimum focusing distance of 1.15' and image stabilization for up to 4-stops of shake-control when shooting under lower lighting conditions. An Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) offers fast, quiet autofocus performance.
- Wide Focal Range
- With 84° to 18° angle-of-view, the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens offers excellent wide angle to telephoto focal lengths with Canon APS-C EOS Digital SLRs.
- Lightweight and Compact Design
- Measuring just under 4" in length and weighing about 1.25 lbs, the lens is easy-on-the-shoulder while maintaining a convenient range of optical choices when composing still or video imagery.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's Image Stabilization system allows you to shoot sharp images with a 4-stop advantage under less-than-optimum lighting conditions.
- Ultra Sonic Motor (USM)
- Canon's Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) technology enables fast and quiet focus control with on-demand manual override when shooting in AF mode.
- Optimized for Canon APS-C Sensor Cameras
- As with all Canon EF-S optics, the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens is designed to deliver optimum sharpness edge-to-edge when used with Canon APS-C format DSLRs.