If you're looking for an easy way to add virtual 2-channel surround sound to your setup at an affordable price, the Samsung HW-D350 Crystal Surround Air Track Speaker System may be just what you need. This soundbar offers an ideal way to put you into the action of your movies, music and games. This 2-way, 3-driver active speaker has an output power of 60 watts per channel. It's also slim, allowing it to blend seamlessly with an HDTV or other low profile home entertainment equipment. It doesn't require any satellite speakers or speaker cabling, making it easy to integrate into any setup -- just connect it to a TV, DVD player, Blu-ray player, set-top box, or gaming console using the digital optical inputs or analog audio input.
The HW-D350 employs decoders compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound technology, which are usually found on DVDs or other purely digital media. You can also choose from seven different sound modes depending on what you're watching or listening to. For example, choosing "Cinema" or "Sports" optimizes the sound based on what type of entertainment you're enjoying and ensures your system sounds its best. The 3D Sound Plus feature fine tunes your audio, adding depth and spaciousness to your listening experience.
This soundbar can be set below your display on a table or stand (sold separately), or you can mount it on the wall using the included wall mount bracket. And if you have a Samsung TV, you can use the speaker's remote control to make adjustments to your TV as well. It has hotkeys for functions like changing the channel on your TV and dimming the display. This soundbar offers high performance, a slim design and hassle-free setup process at a modest price point.
- 2.1-Channel Soundbar
- The HW-D350 features an active speaker system with a 2-way design to provide high sound quality in a single slim unit. It doesn't require any satellite speakers or speaker cabling, normally needed for conventional surround sound systems.
- Virtual Surround
- Samsung's Virtual Surround delivers that sophisticated surround sound effect without the clutter of additional speakers and tangled wires. With just two speakers, it might be hard to distinguish Virtual Surround's efficient, powerful 2.1 channel system from larger, more complex 5.1 and 7.1 channel systems. Your favorite music passages and movie scenes will come alive in realistic, simulated surround sound.
- 3D Sound Plus
- Prepare yourself for the world's first "total 3D" experience with the addition of 3D sound to your 3D viewing environment. 3D Sound Plus, Samsung's unique sound processing technology, combines its latest advancements in sound, 3D Depth Sound and Horizontal Surround, to deliver a more realistic 3D experience. Designed to allow you to experience heart-pounding immersion in all of your entertainment.
- Special Sound Modes
- Choose from 7 different sound modes (Music, News, Drama, Cinema, Sports, Game, Pass/Original Sound) depending on the type of content you're watching or listening to.
- Dolby Digital Processing
- This is the standard audio signal format used on DVDs and other purely digital media. This surround technology delivers high quality digital audio of up to 5.1 discrete channels to produce a directional and more realistic effect.
- DTS (Digital Theater Systems) Processing
- DTS provides a discrete 5.1 channel digital audio signal for both music and movie content and uses less compression that Dolby Digital for richer sound.
- Digital and Analog Inputs
- This soundbar has two digital optical inputs and an analog audio input for connecting to home entertainment equipment like a TV, game console, set top box, DVD player, Blu-ray disc player.
- Power Bass Gives Your System a Boost
- Your Samsung home entertainment system is designed to deliver a bigger, better bass sound. You can feel the bass grow more and more powerful on the same speaker system with the same wattage output.
- Upgradeable Firmware via USB
- Samsung may offer upgrades for the HW-D350's firmware in the future. When these become available, you'll be able to connect a USB flash drive to the USB port on the soundbar in order to update the system.
- Multi-Function Remote Control
- In addition to controlling your soundbar, the included remote can be used to control a connected Samsung TV. Hotkeys enable you to perform various operations with the simple press of a button. For example you can turn your TV on or off, control the brightness of your display, or switch between TV channels. That's one less remote to keep track of in your living room.
- Wall Mountable
- With the slim look of HDTVs that can be mounted on the wall, it makes sense to enhance the look of your room and create a sophisticated gallery effect by mounting your HW-D350 right beneath it. To ease the installation process, a wall mounting bracket is included.