The 2TB Promise Technology SmartStor ZERO NAS / Digital Media Server With Hard Drive is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device and Digital Media Server. It comes with a 3.0 Gbps SATA hard drive boasting a full 2.0 TB of data storage capacity. Say goodbye to complicated setup configurations, the need to remember passwords and use installation keys, and being led through a setup wizard like a child. SmartStor ZERO is all about easy access, backing up your valuable data and streaming digital content from the comfort of your home just minutes after opening the box!
Take advantage of the DLNA Web Based Media Center, Facebook Uploader, iTunes Playlist Creator, Web Based File Manager, USB Backup Scheduler for External Backup to USB Drive, Network Share status and more! The device is a DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified digital media server (DMS) for the digital home, enabling digital media players or any other DLNA or UPnP digital media player to discover and playback music, pictures and video-automatically.
Support for DLNA UPLOAD enables digital content to be uploaded right from mobile devices supporting the DLNA 1.5 upload feature. The SmartStor Fusion Stream DLNA Digital Media App for Smartphones is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Windows Phone.
Zero Configuration and ON Companion Software
- Easy To Use
- Accessing SmartStor ZERO is as simple as using a "USB or Flash Drive". How? Via revolutionary companion software known as "ON". This software automatically opens the Network Share on your desktop each time you power on your computer, in addition to creating a desktop alias in Mac OS X and making the Network Share available in My Computer in Windows. Whenever you need to access SmartStor ZERO, simply double-click the ON icon and your Network Share will open on your desktop.
- Opens Door To Powerful Features And Applications
- The ON software also serves as your gateway to SmartStor ZERO's powerful features and applications. Just right-click your mouse on the ON icon found on the Windows Taskbar or Finder Menu in Mac OS X to access the built-in DLNA Web Based Media Center, Facebook Uploader, iTunes Playlist Creator, Web Based File Manager, USB Backup Scheduler for External Backup to USB Drive, Network Share status and more! Backup data and stream digital content to DLNA TVs, digital media players and XBOX 360 / PS3 game consoles. SmartStor ZERO and ON represent a groundbreaking step in Network Attached Storage and Digital Media Servers for home use that will transform your digital home forever.
DLNA 1.5 Certified Digital Media Server
- Automatic Discovery / Playback Of Files
- SmartStor ZERO is an exceptional DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) digital media server (DMS) for the digital home, enabling digital media players or any other DLNA or UPnP digital media player to discover and playback music, pictures and video--automatically! Just copy your digital content to the proper folders on the SmartStor ZERO and the rest takes care of itself. Your music, pictures or video are automatically sorted by ID3 Tag, Year and Date, and Format and Resolution.
- Offers support for DLNA UPLOAD, enabling digital content to be uploaded right from mobile devices supporting the DLNA 1.5 upload feature, including the Motorola Droid X, Nokia N Series Smartphones or Promise's own Fusion Stream DLNA Digital Media Application for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android. You also have the ability to download content from the SmartStor ZERO via any mobile device that features DLNA Download support.
Fusion Stream DLNA Digital Media App for Smartphones
- The SmartStor Fusion Stream DLNA Digital Media App for Smartphones is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Windows Phone. Fusion Stream is an advanced DLNA Digital Media App enabling playback of Music, Pictures and Video stored on the SmartStor ZERO. Fusion Stream provides support for upload of digital content from the Smartphone to SmartStor ZERO and download of content from SmartStor ZERO to the Smartphone. Fusion Stream's Digital Media Controller enables you to browse content on SmartStor ZERO, then select and manage playback of the digital content with a Digital Media Renderer (DMR) like Windows 7 Media Player, DLNA TVs from Samsung, WDTV Live, Syabas Popcornhour and XBOX 360 (in Media Center Extender Mode). Fusion Stream even supports the capacity to create, save and load playlists. The SmartStor Fusion Stream DLNA Stream Digital Media App is available on the Apple App Store and Android Market. The app supports Local Home Network as well as seamless remote access.
Windows 7 Logo - Network Media Device
- The SmartStor ZERO has reached Windows 7 Logo Network Media Device status, meaning it has undergone rigorous testing under Windows 7 Media Player. SmartStor Zero offers Album Art for Music and thumbnails or Pictures and Videos to ensure that yours is a rich media playback experience.
iTunes Digital Media Server
The SmartStor ZERO features an iTunes Digital Media Server for playback of MP3 Music Files and AAC audio files. The iTunes Digital Media Server is also capable of performing playback of H.264, MOV, MP4 and M4V Video Files*. In addition to music and video playback, the SmartStor ZERO enables the creation of custom playlists via the iTunes playlist generator.
*Playback of video is ONLY supported with iTunes in Mac OS X; Windows supports music playback only.
SmartStor Media Center
- The web-based SmartStor Media Center uses the DLNA 1.5 Digital Media Server to enable access to and playback of digital content stored on the SmartStor ZERO from any computer (Windows and Mac) in your home, via web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- SmartStor ZERO is keeping up with the social networking revolution, supporting the uploading of pictures directly to your Facebook account and your "Wall." The Facebook Uploader has been integrated into the Web Based File Management Tool and the SmartStor Media Center. Uploading your pictures to Facebook couldn't be simpler. During the upload process, you may choose to upload pictures to an existing photo album or generate a new album. The whole process requires just a few clicks on your mouse.