While most of us will never be lucky enough to make it into the cockpit of a real-life Ferrari 430 Scuderia, the Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition might just be the next best thing. This replica cockpit ensemble has a built-in wheel and pedal set, with several features to enhance your virtual racing performance for PlayStation 3 or USB PC games. Right down to the metallic colors and shape of the pedals, this set was in every way modeled after its powerful Ferrari counterpart.
While racing, you can take advantage of long-range wireless connectivity with 2.4 GHz technology and a generous range of up to 33 feet. You can enjoy up to 50 hours of game play before changing the AA batteries.
Delivering ultimate precision is Thrustmaster's H.E.A.R.T. HallEffect AccuRate Technology, which relies on magnetic, rather than mechanical, 3D (HallEffect) sensors. This allows for unparalleled precision and also eliminates friction to highly reduce mechanical wear for permanent precision that won't decrease over time. This technology also eliminates dead zones -- even your slightest movements will be detected. Actions with this cockpit set are therefore more linear, smoother and without any latency.
The built-in wheel is a replica of that found on the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and is 70% of the actual size. It is 11" in diameter and has a 5-position Manettino dial so you can configure your car directly in the race. The sequential gearshift levers are made of metal, and the rubber-textured grip allows you to firmly take hold of the wheel. The wheel is fully programmable and has internal memory.
Of course, you want to be comfortable while driving and the cockpit is fully adjustable for different sized bodies and different types of seating like chairs or couches to ensure ergonomic comfort. It has a foldable design and the wheel is detachable, making it easy to store when you're not using it. The compact, practical and efficient Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition is designed to let you experience the thrill of the race tracks in your very own living room.
- Wireless Cockpit Ensemble
- This cockpit ensemble features 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity and works up to 33 feet away. Once you insert four AA batteries, you can enjoy up to 50 hours of battery life whether you're doing quick runs around the track or engaging in endurance racing.
- Optimal Stability
- With a wide, solid base and a total weight of 23 pounds, stability is optimal. The cockpit's rigid metal structure is completely solid, making it perfect for your racing lines, even through quick turns.
- Absolute Precision Technology
- This ensemble provides absolute precision thanks to the H.E.A.R.T. HallEffect AccuRate Technology system (12-bit precision with 4,096 values on the wheel's axis) that will give you the competitive edge you need.
- Programmable Wheel
- The 11" (diameter) wheel is a replica of that found on the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, down to the smallest details, from the 5-position Manettino dial which lets you configure your car directly in the race, to the sequential gearshift levers crafted of metal, and the rubber-textured grip. The wheel is 100% programmable and features internal memory.
- Streamlined Design
- The Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition has a streamlined design with smooth and harmonious lines, and features the metallic colors of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia's "musetto".
- Magnetic Resistance Pedals
- The two medal pedals, inspired by those in the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, are built directly into the cockpit, and provide a long range of travel for even greater realism. The brake pedal even features magnetic resistance for enhanced performance.
- Adjustable Cockpit
- The cockpit is fully adjustable for an infinite number of possible positions for different sized users and seat types. It also features a mechanism which locks in place once the position has been selected.
- Foldable Cockpit & Detachable Wheel
- This cockpit is foldable and has a detachable wheel and carrying handle -- so it takes up minimal space for easy storage when you're done racing.
- Designed for Your PS3 and PC Games
- This cockpit set is compatible with all PlayStation3 and USB PC games for Windows Vista, XP and 7.