The Atto Technology ExpressSAS 6Gbps SAS/SATA RAID Adapter provides connectivity to direct attached storage via 4 external and 4 internal ports. With transfer rates of up to 1200MB/s per port, the adapter is well suited for high-bandwidth workflows, such as digital content creation, streaming video and audio, transactional databases, and email and web servers.
The ExpressSAS 6Gbps SAS/SATA RAID Adapter combines advanced engineering and innovative features to ensure smooth data transfers and consistent performance. Leveraging ATTO's market-tested RAID stack and exclusive latency management features, this adapter helps customers create, share and protect data and digital assets more effectively.
The ExpressSAS 6Gbps SAS/SATA RAID adapters add high-performance RAID protection to direct attached SAS and SATA JBOD storage. Delivering significant advancements in performance and flexibility with enterprise-class features, these adapters provide an affordable and reliable transition from 3 Gbps to 6 Gbps SAS/SATA storage infrastructures in general IT and media and entertainment environments.
- User Benefits
- High performance host-based RAID for direct- attached storage Four port configurations for flexible connectivity Full performance in degraded or rebuild mode Flash-based cache protection protects against lost data during power or system failure More options for retrieving data from a failed drive with Data Recovery mode 50% faster rebuilds Efficient scalability with host-level RAID Maintain high priority workflows with tunable rebuilds RAID group partitioning for better management
- Long-Standing RAID Experience
- Leveraging over 18 years of RAID technology development, ATTO's family of ExpressSAS 6Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID adapters feature the time-proven ATTO RAID Stack, DVRAID and CacheAssure, propietary technologies developed to provide the most robust RAID based connectivity solution in the industry.
- Flexible Connectivity Solutions
- With several port configuration options including 16 internal, 8 external, 8 internal, and 4 external/4 internal, ExpressSAS 6Gbps SAS/SATA RAID adapters are ideal for a wide variety of IT and digital media environments requiring high-performance and parity RAID protected data. ExpressSAS RAID adapters offer driver support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, providing a single connectivity solution for customers with heterogeneous operating system environments.
- Performance Engineered
- The ExpressSAS 6Gbps SAS/SATA RAID adapter family allows users to instantly protect their critical data while enhancing performance. ATTO designs ExpressSAS RAID adapters to maintain full performance in degraded mode and to minimize downtime with 50% faster rebuilds, limiting exposure to a second drive failure. Exclusive latency management features like Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) Technology and DriveAssure minimize data transfer interruptions to ensure the highest level of consistent performance. These differentiating capabilities make ATTO the premier choice for high-performance host based RAID connectivity.
- Advanced Management Tools
ATTO's easy-to-use configuration tool features an intuitive GUI that simplifies RAID group configuration, management and monitoring. ATTO's ExpressSAS RAID adapters offer the most advanced performance tuning capabilities and troubleshooting utilities, providing users with sophisticated diagnostics and the flexibility to control settings for specific applications.
The technologies that help achieve the said transfer rates are explained below in short.
- Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) Technology
- It is a latency-management technology that controls the acceleration of data transfers to move large amounts of data faster and more efficiently.
- DriveAssure Technology
- It is a drive assessment and latency management technology that prevents premature drive failures to ensure uninterrupted access to data.
- CacheAssure Technology
- It has a NV cache data protection module providing a maintenance-free solution that safeguards against the loss of cached data during a power or system failure.
- Data Recovery Mode
- It is a mechanism that increases the probability of fully or partially recovering data that is lost due to a disk failure and offline RAID group.