The CacheAssure Data Protection Solution for 6 GB RAID Controller from ATTO Technology is a battery-less flash memory data protection that can be bought separately or ordered along with the 6 GB SAS/SATA RAID adapters. The SPAK-0000-000 can be retrofitted on the latest version of the 6 GB RAID adapters. ATTO's RAID products with CacheAssure Technology deliver a long-lasting and reliable cached data protection solution all without the worries associated with battery-based technology.
- CacheAssure Technology
- Power and system failures can permanently lose data that is located in cache memory. Battery backup units have been used to protect and recover cached data but they require constant monitoring, maintenance and replacement and only protect data for up to 72 hours after a failure.
- No Batteries, Lifetime Backup
CacheAssure uses supercap technology instead of a battery to protect your cached data. You can save time and money by eliminating the need to install, monitor, maintain, dispose and replace batteries. Also with CacheAssure, taking down the system for battery replacement is no longer a requirement.
Typical battery backup units last up to 1 or 2 years and provide up to 72 hours of data protection. With the combination of NAND flash and supercaps, ATTO's CacheAssure Technology provides full protection within minutes of installation. Contents in cache memory get saved immediately in the event of a system failure or power loss and can remain protected for up to 10 years.
- Immediate RAID Protection
- Maintains productivity levels with immediate response time when there is a power or system failure. CacheAssure charges in a few minutes while batteries can take 6-8 hours to recharge which can put your data at risk.
- Zero Maintenance
- No resources needed to monitor charge levels or replace batteries.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Battery-free means no dealing with disposal or shipping regulations which reduces the cost and negative environmental effects associated with the batteries.