The Sea & Sea RDX-600D Housing/Port/SA8 Sea Arm Set/YS-01 Strobe/Fiber Optic Cable is an underwater camera housing package. It consists of an RDX-600D housing for the Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D DSLR camera with a flat port, an SA8 sea arm set, a YS-01 strobe and a fiber optic cable.
The housing is a black polycarbonate waterproof case that is depth rated to 200' (60 m). The flat RDX Standard Port is included and various other ports, including NX ports, can be mounted via the RDX Port Base L or the RDX Port Base S, to accommodate many kinds of lenses. The RDX port is depth rated to 330' (100 m). The housing features a Camera Quick Shoe for easy mounting and removal of the camera.
There are 2 fiber-optic cable sockets. When you connect the included fiber-optic cable (L-type) to the connector, the light of the digital camera's built-in flash is detected and connected to the included external YS strobe, which fires in turn to improve lighting quality. Automatic TTL flash adjustment is available when using an optional YS Converter/C 6 pin Connector (not included). Use a Sync Cord/N (not included) to connect the converter to the strobe. By attaching the included SA8 arm set to the tripod socket at the bottom of the housing, up to 2 external strobes can be mounted. This arm set with tray and grip for mounting also includes a ball clamp, strobe head S, and a fixed arm base. It is made from corrosion-resistant aluminum, with an anodized coating for enhanced protection against scratches, impact and the elements.
The included YS-01 strobe head is a compact slave strobe that can be used for wide-angle or macro photography. It features a circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20, making it ideal for DSLRs. The strobe's TTL feature gives it automatic exposure control when shooting in slave mode. The YS-01 will provide up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries, which also give you a fast 1.9 sec recycle time, so you will not miss action on the reef. The strobe's 1 W LED target light is bright enough to use as a dive light on night dives. Since the ocean acts as one large, blue filter, reds, oranges and other colors tend to become muted shades of blue and grey. A color-corrected light source like this strobe helps bring back your subject's natural colors, restoring accuracy and vibrancy to your underwater images.
The housing features an Optical Viewfinder 0.5x that makes it easy to see the whole field of view. The housing's easily-operated shutter lever is excellent for taking quick snapshots. Push from the top or pull from the front to operate the lever. There's a smooth halfway press for adjusting the autofocus, so you need not worry about any missed chances. The housing's large buckle structure with lock function makes it easier to open and close the back cover.
- Black polycarbonate resin makes housing strong and durable; arm set made of corrosion-resistant aluminum, with an anodized coating for enhanced protection against scratches, impact and the elements
- Mechanical controls
- Depth Rating
- 200' (60 m); Port: 330' (100 m)
- Flat RDX Standard Port included; various other ports available, including NX ports, via RDX Port Base L or RDX Port Base S (optional), in order to accommodate many kinds of lenses
- SA8 Arm Set
- When SA8 arm set is mounted to tripod socket on bottom of housing, up to 2 external strobes can be mounted; arm set with tray and grip for mounting also includes a ball clamp, strobe head S, and a fixed arm base, and is made from corrosion-resistant aluminum with an anodized coating for enhanced protection against scratches, impact and the elements
- YS-01 strobe included: Circular beam angle of 100 x 100°, guide number of up to 20, TTL feature for automatic exposure control in slave mode, up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries, fast 1.9 sec recycle time and 1 W LED target light bright enough to use as dive light at night - will help bring back subject's natural colors underwater; 2 fiber-optic cable sockets and 1 cable available: When you connect included fiber-optic cable (L-type) to connector and strobe, light of digital camera's built-in flash is detected and connected to strobe, which fires to improve lighting quality
- TTL Compatible
- Automatic TTL flash adjustment available when using optional YS Converter/C 6 pin Connector: Use a Sync Cord/N to connect converter to strobe
- Optical Viewfinder 0.5x
- Makes it easy to see whole field of view
- Shutter Lever
- Excellent for taking quick snapshots; push from top or pull from front to operate; smooth halfway press for adjusting autofocus so you need not worry about any missed chances