Allworth Book: Profitable Wedding Photography, by Elizabeth Etienne
Book: Profitable Wedding Photography, by Elizabeth Etienne
B&H # ALPWP
MFR # 9781581157642
in the next
Place your order by 4PM Tomorrow and your order will ship the same day. For further details see delivery estimates in cart. All orders are subject to verification. International orders are processed the next shipping day.
The world of wedding photography can be an alluring one. However, before you dive in head first you need to have a game plan. Veteran photographer Elizabeth Etienne tells you what you need to know before you start out in her book, Profitable Wedding Photography, from publisher, Allworth Press. This book covers everything from how to make your product stand out to pricing appropriately. A graduate of the esteemed Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, Etienne has been extremely successful in the photo industry. Let this pro help you get started with this helpful book that is sure to become a beloved reference.
Advice on How to Start a Wedding Business
With an introduction by celebrity wedding photographer Colin Cowie, this indispensable book will teach you how to:
- Create a great product
- Offer dynamic customer service
- Price your product and service appropriately
- Package your product uniquely
- Market your product effectively
About the Author
Elizabeth Etienne has more than twenty years of experience shooting photos. A graduate of the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California, she is best known for her vintage-style imagery often associated with elaborate weddings and high production engagement sessions. Her wedding and contemporary lifestyle images can also be found in stock libraries, fine art galleries, and advertising campaigns for hotels, pharmaceutical companies, and record labels in the US and Europe. Award-winning and published in numerous magazines and websites, Etienne also contributes to key industry publications such as Bride World, Rangefinder, AfterCapture, The Times Journal of Photography, PDN, Petersen's Photographic Magazine, Photoserve, Kodak, and Photobiz. She currently serves on Kodak's advisory board and has her own consulting business and workshop company called Dream Team Photo Workshops. She lives in Southern California
Table of Contents
Foreword by Colin Cowie
Introduction - The Keys to a Profitable Wedding Photography Business
The Business of Finding and Keeping Clients:
1. The Wedding Photographer - Photo technician, production manager, artist, director, and therapist
2. Branding and Identity - Creating a unique logo, company name, and style that are yours alone
3. Advertising, Publicity, and Self Promotion - Cost-effective ways to promote your business
4. Web sites - Your storefront window
5. Client Meetings - The keys to closing the deal!
The Business of Doing Business:
6. The Information Kit - The critical documents for organizing your wedding photography business
7. Creating Wedding Photography Packages - Your time and expenses log
8. When Bad Things Happen to Good People - Equipment malfunctions, illnesses, and lawsuits
9. Partnerships - The pros and cons of teaming your talents
The Business of Creating Great Wedding Photography:
10. Creating Your First Wedding Portfolio - Even if you've never shot a real wedding before!
11. Choosing Your Team - Interns, assistants, second shooters, and photo labs
12. Preparing for the Wedding Day - Mental, physical, emotional, and technical preparation
13. Working with Wedding Coordinators - Helping them help you
14. The Rehearsal Dinner and Brunch - The perfect intro and exit for the big day!
15. Capturing the Wedding Day - Directing, composing, and creating those "Wow" shots!
16. Destination Weddings - Organizing your shoot with the Travel Checklist
17. Preparing Your Product - From processing to packaging and everything in between
18. The Client's Wedding Album Book - Images, layouts, printing, and binding