The Strut Gunner GTC-6U Field Case is a professional field case for full-sized, shoulder-mount cameras such as the Sony PDW-F335 & PDW-800 or the Panasonic HPX-3000 & HPX-500 camcorders. Constructed of 1000 denier Cordura nylon with waterproof lining, the Gunner GTC-6U is outfitted with rigid sidewalls, so it offers the best of both worlds – soft and hard. You get a high level of protection for your sensitive equipment in a soft field case that's relatively light and very easy to carry.
The bag is specially designed for shoulder-mount cameras with a side viewfinder. An armored shield is designed into the sidewall of the case to provide added protection for the viewfinder, which is given extra room in the form of a "blister" compartment. This shield is shaped so to deflect impact from the front.
The bag is padded all the way around in the main compartment, and a rigid, double-padded floor protects the camera from drops against hard surfaces. Rigid sidewalls gently hug the body of the camcorder, keeping it in place as the bag moves. An adjustable, removable tie-down strap is sewn into the bottom of the case, providing a positive grip on equipment. Five rubber feet absorb shock for the Gunner GTC-6U's sturdy bottom and elevate it slightly.
The field case is nice and long, accommodating camera/lens/battery combinations that measure up to 28". (The front of the bag is wide in the right places to fit most matte boxes.) On the sides are large organizer pockets, which keep accessories stowed away from the camera, thereby preventing them from coming into hazardous contact with the lens and camera.
Save for one on the exterior, all pockets have oversized YKK zipper closings and storm flaps that protect zippers from abrasion and keep out dust and soggy weather. They fold out of the way for easy operation. Zippers feature handy fobs for easy operation even with gloves. Gussets in some compartments keep your valuables from falling out when pockets are unzipped.
The exterior is a sturdy 1000 denier nylon Cordura material, with waterproof coating that protects your gear from the elements. The interior lining is a softer 200 denier nylon that's easy to clean and does not pick up lint or dust.
The hand grip features handsome tanned leather that wears in, not out. Also leather is the shoulder strap's pad, which measures a generous 3.25 x 12". The leather of the shoulder pad is laminated onto grippy neoprene, which keeps the pad in the proper place along the strap. This shoulder strap turns into a chest strap with the addition of the included harness, for true hands-free operation. Throughout the bag, top-of-the-line metal hardware stands up under hard use – and looks good while doing it.
- Tanned leather hand-grip comfort handles with double web strapping
- Non-skid leather shoulder pad
- "Blister" compartment sticks out of back slightly to accommodate side-mounted viewfinder and features extra padding and armor
- Swiveling metal hardware for shoulder strap
- Quick-cord fobs on YKK zippers
- Metal loops for lashing down the bag
- Exterior tabs allow mounting of additional modular bags/pouches
- Adjustable tie-down strap for added security of stored items
- Interior & exterior slip pockets
- Fully padded exterior pocket
- Additional exterior pocket with padded bottom & storm flap with hook-and-loop closure
- Four rubber feet at bottom corners & fifth foot at center for better camera support
- Fold-away storm flaps protect zippers