Jumpstart Your Music Career offers all the information and strategies you need to make your professional dreams a reality! A thorough and up-to-date guide on starting and building a music career available. The author's practical advice gives musicians of all types a clear path to success, while the book's scalable approach allows musicians to start small--then grow big--using the same principles and strategies.
Author Simon Cann offers a comprehensive plan of action you can follow to navigate and succeed in today's rapidly-changing music marketplace--from building a fan base to taking advantage of the latest technology to crafting your own opportunities to handling the ins and outs of publicity and finance. The text is packed with achievable goals for each step of the career building process that rely only on your hard work--not on the permission of record company executives or managers.
- About the Author
- Simon Cann is a writer based in London. He is the author of a number of music-related and business-related books. His business-related books include the Made It In... series of books, which feature the experiences of international entrepreneurs who have built successful companies in the hottest business locations around the world.
- Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction
2. Do You Really Want a Career in Music?
3. The Opportunities for Musicians
Part II: The Fan Base
4. Exploiting with Integrity
5. Building and Keeping the Fan Base
6. Publicity in the 21st Century
Part III: The Product
7. What Do You Actually Do?!?
8. Creating and Developing the Product
Part IV: The Nasty Commercial Bits
9. Economics 101
10. Building the Team Around You
11. Your Pay Packet
Part V: Putting the Theory into Practice
12. Developing Your Own Career Plan.