Mastering Sibelius 6 covers all aspects of Sibelius, including setting up simple scores, using MIDI input, working with advanced formatting, and using virtual instruments. The applications are discussed in a clear, concise way, offering simple steps and easy-to-follow tutorials to bring the power of Sibelius to users of all experience levels. The book includes chapters on note input methods, editing and symbols, text and chords, playback and video, and much more.
Covering all aspects of Sibelius in a clear, concise way, this book offers simple steps and tutorials to explain the programs. It also includes chapters on installation and computer requirements, expressions and lines, importing MIDI files, and using plug-ins. It is compatible with all previous versions of Sibelius.
- About the Author
- Gabriel Cobas has been an active percussionist for more than 20 years, first as a student, then as a composer/arranger and instructor, and always as a performer. Gabriel also served as the manager of education programs for the Boston Symphony Orchestra for seven years.
- Table of Contents
1. Setting Up Sibelius 6 for the First Time
2. Note Entry
3. Creating Basic Score Elements
4. Creating More Score Elements
5. Creating Everything Else
6. Instrument-Specific Notation
7. Properties, Editing, and Filtering
8. House Styles and Engraving Rules
9. Document Layout and Formatting
10. Dynamic Parts
11. Versions and Comments
12. Playback and Virtual Instruments
13. Composing to Video in Sibelius
14. PhotoScore, AudioScore, and Arrange
15. Worksheets and the Worksheet Creator
16. Using Plug-Ins
17. Customizing Sibelius
18. Importing and Exporting