Green Musician's Guide, Sound Ideas for a Sound Planet is designed to provide background information and tools to help musicians, producers, engineers, and other music enthusiasts become more sustainable and ecologically minded in their craft. Learn about sustainable touring practices, which instruments and sound equipment are most environmentally friendly, and all about earth-friendly recording studios.
This book also highlights key success stories of musicians working toward sustainability. Real-life suggestions help to inspire not only earth-conscious business practices, but also smart personal habit changes that can improve your life and the lives of your friends, neighbors, and fans, as well as all members of the global community. It gives you an informative overview of pressing environmental concerns that directly relate to the business of creating music, with first-person narratives and tangible examples of what is and isn't being done. Whether you are a recording engineer, touring musician, or music manufacturer, there is something in this book for you.
- About the Author
- Jeff Touzeau is an author, journalist and President of Hummingbird Media, Inc., a public relations and marketing communications firm specializing in the audio and networking industries. Touzeau, who is also a musician, is in the process of designing and building his own green recording studio, Hummingbird Sound.
- Table of Contents
1. Environmental Issues We All Face and Changes in the Music Business
2. Establishing Sustainable Practices on the Road
3. Tools of the Trade: Sustainable Instruments, Equipment, and Accessories
4. Sustainable Recording Studios