The Electro 3 HP from Nord is a 73-key virtual electro mechanical organ, piano, and Mellotron instrument with fully-weighted, velocity sensitive hammer-action keys. It comes loaded with authentic sounds with every detail you'd expect to hear in vintage instruments, from the pedal down sounds to the key off noises. What sets the Electro 3 apart is its dedication to tasteful and playable instruments, and its simple and intuitive interface that allows the musician to fully concentrate on making music, and nothing more.
There are 9 digitally controlled drawbars on the Electro 3 that are just as easy to use as mechanical drawbars. There's an "Up" button and a "Down" button for each drawbar, and pushing them makes the LED column above go up or down. The great advantage is that you can change sounds, and the LED drawbars will instantly adjust and display in the position they were in when the preset was saved. You can save 17 of your own presets for each organ on the Electro 3.
A host of built-in effects are supplied that enable you to tweak a sound to your liking. Use reverb and chorus to sweeten up the tone, or throw in an amp simulator to rip open your sound. Additional sounds are downloadable for free from the Nord website to broaden your palette of expression (the Mellotron sounds are available from the site). You can also load your own samples into the Electro 3 for a totally custom sound. This keyboard was designed for the active musician, and it can easily travel with you, where ever your music takes you.
- Organ section from the acclaimed Nord C1 Combo Organ
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- 9 digitally controlled drawbars
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- The drawbars of Electro 3 are represented by up/down buttons and LED bar graphs instead of the ordinary mechanical drawbars. This gives you a big advantage: when you change programs, the correct drawbar settings are shown immediately by the LEDs
- 17 user configurable organ presets for each organ model
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and keyclick level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" you wish to have in your B3 sound
- MIDI Split: The Nord Electro 3 is designed to support an extra MIDI keyboard when the Organ Split mode is activated. This makes it possible to use the Nord Electro 3 as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
Piano and Sample Library Section
- 5 selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurl & Clav/Harpsichord. Each type can contain several different models
- 185 MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types
- Every piano in the Electro 3 is replaceable by the user. New models can be uploaded to the Electro 3 using the Electro 3 Manager application
- Sample Library type can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- 68 MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony